What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing files to an sFTP account

zaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently running a project where I have:
* some documentation, html files, pictures, pdfs
* ~100 iPads, all over Europe, connected with 3G or Wifi
* an sFTP server

What I would like is that any file or set of files I put on the ftp server is automatically sent to (or pulled by) the iPads. A daily sync would be more than enough.

I'm pretty new on iPad, but I get the idea that it's not possible to put the files on the filesystem "just like this" and hope they would open with Safari.

Is there an alternative way to do this? I've seen "GoodReader" is able to sync content, but it seem the internal browser can not really handle a "site" with multiple pages and images...

Dropbox is also interesting, but it does not automatically sync files, what make it almost completely useless...

OP
Z

zaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm... seems that this is not that easy.

iPad is really a good device, but even if I understand the limitations, it's a pity we can not perform such easy tasks. I'll check with my customers if they would be ok to use Android devices ("Foldersync" does what I want very nicely).

If anyone have an idea for the iPad...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was hopping someone would give you a solution.

I don't have any experience with it myself, but I decided to see what I could turn up on the App Store. The only thing I saw that looked likely is Acrosync Pro

No idea if it will do what you want, but if your sFTP server has rsync, then it is worth looking at.

Most reactions

Latest posts