What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing apps will delete all apps from my iPad?

dannyyoung

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have spent ages getting my apps sorted into different categories on my iPad, I also use iTunes to manage my iPhone as well, so all of the apps from both devices are grouped together in iTunes.

I recently had to rebuild my Windows 7 PC, and did a fresh install of iTunes. When I connected my iPad and iPhone for the first time, I authorised each, and transferred purchases - all OK so far.

Now, when I go into my iPad through iTunes, and select the Apps tab, there is an option to Sync Apps, and when I select this, I get a window pop up saying "Are you sure you want to sync apps? All existing apps and their data on the iPad will be replaced with apps from this iTunes library"

I don't want that to happen, but I am not sure why I get this message? I want apps to sync in future, but I don't want any to be deleted from my iPad, and when I select Sync Apps (confirming my answer to the question above), the nice preview of my iPad screens, with all apps sorted into categories, is thrown into chaos, and the capacity bar at the bottom shrinks. It's only when I click the Revert button that all goes back to normal.

Why is this happening, it is very frustrating?! :(

schreceas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no what this will do is sync all the apps from your ipad on to your computer and from your your computer to your ipad and when it sais they will be deleted they mean any apps that are double the second one will be deleted
so dont worry
all you need to do is sync apps
sync your ipad
and when you do this be patient and dont freeak out because you will see your apps go away but they will come back :thumbs:

Most reactions

Latest posts