What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync Nightmare

terryneal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got to admit that I have finally been stumped by sychronization. I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad (1) and a Windows 7 64 bit PC. I configure each to download mail separate from the other devices. I synchronize my PC and iPad calendar and contacts using Google Sync (yes it does work with 64 bit.) I have Outlook 2011 on the MacBook because I don't like iCal nor the contacts app. They are configured to synch with Google Synch but I never use them. I use Outlook 2011 to look at mail but because it can't synch directly with anything that's all I can do.

When Apple first announced iCloud I was so excited but after a lot of archived and new mail, contacts, tasks and calendar were lost, I immediately stopped it and went back to my patchwork quilt with Google Synch. It seems that iCloud didn't work with a 64 bit Win 7 computer...Apple had only written the code for the 32 bit machine.

So here I am with a bunch of tasks on my PC that I can't sync with my iPad or MacBook. I can't sync anything with Outlook 2011 on the MacBook. It's really a mess and I'd like a clean way to sync but I am deathly afraid of iCloud after my last experience. I would give anything to be able to synchronize all of my calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, etc. between all 3 machines....is there a solution or is this wishful thinking?

Most reactions

Latest posts