What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey on Tablets

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In an attempt to further educate would-be tablet buyers on which tablets carry the most weight with consumers, Ebay Deals has taken a rather exhaustive look at a variety of different social and retail metrics. As you can imagine, the iPad's dominant market share made the contest rather one-sided in some cases, but there are still some pretty interesting tidbits to be gleaned here.

For starters, in a ranking of tablets based on the number of views each device received in "review" and "unboxing" videos, Google's Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 lead the charge, with the iPad mini coming in 4th and the standard iPad landing in 8th place. This result is likely skewed by the fact that only the first 500 videos for each tablet were counted for views, and the iPad has been around much longer than the relatively new Google Nexus slates.

Perhaps the most interesting results came from a pair of measurements of how many tablet users "love" their devices. To examine this, the number of Twitter search results for the phrase "I love my [tablet]" were tallied. In this case, the iPad came in first, followed by the Kindle Fire, and then the iPad mini, with Google's Nexus 10 and the Galaxy Note on its tail.

For an even more accurate ranking of tablet adoration, 10,000 tweets about each device were collected and then analyzed for sentiment, either positive, negative, or unclear. Perhaps surprisingly, the iPad mini took the top spot, with the Kindle Fire again coming in second and -- brace yourself -- the BlackBerry PlayBook in third. The iPad landed in 4th place followed by the Nexus 7. For a full rundown of the results in several more categories, hit up Ebay Deals.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem with that kind of "research" is that it only takes opinions from a small area/population

My opinions about how much I love both of my Ipads would be left out of that "survey" as I have never used Twitter!!

Most reactions

Latest posts