What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

support for special needs?

tomarket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for apps web sites to help my child who is non-verbal - I found a couple of Apps I really like but want to see if anyone had some further recommendations?

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The first AAC app I saw was MyVoice. I don't know many others, though, as my focus has been largely on finding text-to-speech apps.

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tomarket said:
I am looking for apps web sites to help my child who is non-verbal - I found a couple of Apps I really like but want to see if anyone had some further recommendations?

I saw this article about an AAC patent dispute, and immediately thought of this thread. the maker of a specialized tablet (costing ten times what an iPad costs) is filing suit against the creators of an AAC app. I hope the suit fails.

But also, the article names the app, so it might be worthwhile to check the App Store for it.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/03/software_patent_disabled_children_ipad/

Most reactions

Latest posts