What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supply Chain Intel Suggests Changes for Apple's Display Plans; Confirms Oct. 22 Event

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Apple-Displays.jpg

We have some new intel which seems to confirm our earlier rumor regarding the October 22nd Apple event date. This intel includes details about Apple's upcoming plans for the displays in future devices, including the new iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 as well as future iPhones. The info comes from NPD DisplaySearch and corroborates earlier reports suggesting Apple will revamp its displays across multiple product lines. Most of this intel was gleaned from data mined from supply chain hints.

appledisplays-new-direction.png

From the data gathered it appears that Apple will once again focus their approach by innovating the displays of their future devices. The NPD research also seems to corroborate earlier rumors that Apple is working on larger phone devices for launch next year, including a 4.7 or 4.8 Inch iPhone and possibly even a 5.7 or 6 Inch Phablet. Most of these new advancements are detailed in the chart shown above. Here's a quote with more of the details for several of these future devices,

Big iPad : a 12.9-inch iPad with a 2,732×2,048 resolution display.
iPad Mini 2: sporting a 7.9-inch 2,048×1,536 display, matching the resolution of the larger 9.7-inch iPad.
Retina MacBook Air: Finally, a Retina version of the popular Air. The new MBA may have a smaller 12-inch screen boasting 2,304×1,440 resolution. (Or slightly larger if you compare it to the current 11.6-inch MacBook Air.)
iWatch 1.3-inch and 1.63-inch iWatch with 320×320 flexible AMOLED display.
Apple TV: 55-inch, a 65-inch 4Kx2K screen.

As you can see, this breakdown of the chart suggests some really intriguing new directions for Apple in the future. This even includes the possibility that we will finally see the long-rumored Apple TV and iWatch. What do you think of this renewed focus on improved display tech from Apple?

Source: CNET

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see state outlawing the wearing/use of the I
Watch while driving. I love advances in tech devices; however, I think the iWatch could be a dangerous device in the car.

SonicBodhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see state outlawing the wearing/use of the I
Watch while driving. I love advances in tech devices; however, I think the iWatch could be a dangerous device in the car.

DUH, you watch as a passenger, not as a driver. This is why minivans and suv's are equipped with dvd players in the back. Who's going to be stupid enough to drive and try to watch tv at the same time? Probably the same people who text while driving, right?

Most reactions

Latest posts