What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subscribing to podcasts?

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to subscribe to Podcasts from the iPad itself? I know I can download individual episodes through the iTunes app, and I know of course that I can subscribe via iTunes on my PC and then they'll update on my iPad when I hook it up to my PC, but is there any way to get the iPad to download new episodes automatically on its own without the need to connect to the PC?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never realized it before you brought it up, but as far as I can tell, there is no "subscribe" option within the iTunes app for podcasts.

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been one of my annoyances since day 2 when i discovered it. I hardly ever attach the ipad to my computer except for deliberate backups... Certainly not often enough to keep my podcast updated. I dont understand why this is limited.

Kidtachyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Tunein Radio app will stream podcasts. I don't know if it has all of the podcasts or not, but you can search for the podcast by name or enter the URL directly. It's a great app.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I learned about Mediafly here. It will let you subscribe to both audio and video podcasts.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It takes only a few seconds and you don't have to be connected to your computer. Open the iPod app,click podcasts, and Get new episode. It's almost like an automatic subscription.

Last edited:

Most reactions