What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

blaster9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jacks the man! Keep up the good work and your client base will keep growing. Love the website updates by the way. Tons of new styluses on there im savin for a couple more ;)

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered one from stylus r us and am looking forward to trying it out. I really hope it works as well as the reviews say.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

fmmrz5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to give away too much or count my chickens before they hatch, but I am designing a stylus that has potential to blow all others out of the water. I'll keep you guys and gals up to date if anyone cares. Got some parts ordered. Hopefully the prototype will turn out as planned

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update. On another thread which I can't find right now ( in order to give proper credit), someone recommended dipping the tip of a Boxwave into talcum powder to make it less "grabby." I just tried that with my Targus and it works amazingly well. With this trick, I now like my Targus better than the Roger iWand (and the Dagi, which I also have). Now if it were only a biit longer---!

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered one from stylus r us and am looking forward to trying it out. I really hope it works as well as the reviews say.

Just be sure to use a light touch, barely touching the screen works best. And give it an adequate time for testing before making up your mind. I really like my Stylus-R-Us.

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haggisgirl said:
Just be sure to use a light touch, barely touching the screen works best. And give it an adequate time for testing before making up your mind. I really like my Stylus-R-Us.

Yea I hear you need a light touch, not sure how that will work out for me I press hard with pens.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, that is the biggest drawback to the iWand. I just find that the super light touch it requires is highly unnatural for me. In trying to lighten up my touch, I find that operation becomes unreliable.

So far, my preferred stylus is my Targus, dipped occasionally in talcum to reduce the "stickiness.". Unfortunately, it is a bit too short. I have noticed that stylus marketers often do not give the length (check the Pogo web page).

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haggisgirl said:

Yea I hear you need a light touch, not sure how that will work out for me I press hard with pens.

As do I, but it didn't take me too long to adjust to the light touch necessary for the Stylus-R-Us. But I was also willing to practice with it before giving up. I've tried several different stylii before this one and the Stylus-R-Us is the one I prefer. Others may feel differently.

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haggisgirl said:
As do I, but it didn't take me too long to adjust to the light touch necessary for the Stylus-R-Us. But I was also willing to practice with it before giving up. I've tried several different stylii before this one and the Stylus-R-Us is the one I prefer. Others may feel differently.

I'm willing to practice. Thanks for the input, once I get it in the mail I will give a review.

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my stylus today from Stylus R Us, I also purchased the Targus stylus. I have used both today for awhile they both have good and bad things about them.

Stylus R Us:
Good:
styles- I really like that you get lots of options and sizes.
No pressure to use.

Bad:
Price $37.99 with shipping
Hard to use at first
Fragile (feels like it will brake or not safe to put in a carrying bag)

Targus:
Good:
Price $14.99
Easy to use
Sturdy

Bad:
Size

Overall the Targus works best for me, I like that you need a little pressure to use. I feel like have much more control when writing with it. The Stylus R Us is nice just don't think the price is worth it. I would suggest getting the Targus first and see what you think, if you don't like it then return and try Stylus R Us. I hope this short review can help.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also like the Targus stylus. I tried the Acase gen 2 stylus, just like the Targus but a little longer and narrower. But after using for 2 days the tip was torn. So I sent it back to Amazon.
I would like to try one of the iWands but I don't know if the price is worth it to test it out.

Bocagirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Stylus-R-Us compared to the Targus...

I just got the Stylus-R-Us for my Ipad 2 and it is absolutely AMAZING!!!
I had searched every stylus I could find and without a doubt these stylus were the winner. The soft touch along with the ability to extend the telescopic feature makes this the Top-of-the-line without question. I was so thrilled as soon as I tried this stylus that I've been spreading the word to everyone. Buy one and you'll thank me.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that didn't last long. I had extra money left form last paycheck so I decided to get two. The iWand 9" and the Light Touch. Hopefully they will be what everyone is saying.

Golfnut61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the great review, Matt...most importantly the small note about having a screen shield !! I will return my iStylus and get a Roger wand...yes we can certainly spend money on these wonderful toys can't we. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts