What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming help

schmicr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my first iPad and went with the air. I have a my cloud on the way. I know I can access the my cloud via wifi. But I'd like to be able to pull up movies on my iPad then stream it to my tv. I have a samsung smart tv. I've thought about chrome cast but I don't know if that will work. Any help would be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got my first iPad and went with the air. I have a my cloud on the way. I know I can access the my cloud via wifi. But I'd like to be able to pull up movies on my iPad then stream it to my tv. I have a samsung smart tv. I've thought about chrome cast but I don't know if that will work. Any help would be appreciated.

The only way I know to stream movies from the iPad is via the Apple TV. It's a $99 (USD) little device that's a fabulous addition (IMHO, of course) to anyone's media center. With it, you can send a signal from your iPad to your TV and watch it on the bigger screen.

The Roku will let you stream movies and pictures to your TV, but they have to BE on your iPad - they can't be from some place like YouTube or anywhere else on the 'Net.

I don't know about ChromeCast, but I don't think you can stream from your iPad to it ... yet. :)

Hope this helps/clarifies.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts