What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still. Can not get ios 5.1 for my ipad2

katt5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I try. To upgrade to 5.1 on my ipad2 ,I have tried at least 5 times a day, at different times, every day since it came out. It "looks" for new updates for 2 min's, then gives me the MSG, " can not look for updates there is an error.". And once I get mine done I need to upgrade. My husbands that was never. Upgraded to 5.0.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not download the software from an external site and update it manually?

OP
K

katt5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have. No clue what you mean or how to do that. Why do some. Have such a problem while others ave non. Sigh

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
katt5 said:
I have. No clue what you mean or how to do that. Why do some. Have such a problem while others ave non. Sigh

Send you a pm

OP
K

katt5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still confusing. Have not really used pc for a year. Do it all on iPad. Hat of. Only use it for sims. And skyrim. Also this lap top was never used to sync iPad and iTunes. That pc is long gone. Does it matter we only use wifi and nothing is hooked up to broad band modem any more?

timblanc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Katt, is your iPad telling you there is a new 5.1 update? If yes why would it be searching for it? I am assuming u are updating directly from your iPad?

OP
K

katt5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem resolved but will explain what the problem was. For a week, off and on at different times of day, I tried to get the new upgrade.. Yes it was from my iPad. FINALY after a week it worked. Either for a week there was a traffic jam, or (my guess this is what happened), apple caught onto the problem some people had and fixed it.

Most reactions

Latest posts