What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ssiri 3D iPhone cover brings her to life

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siri 3D iPhone cover brings her to life

shapeways online DIY 3D-printing company recently held a competition that asked users to design a physical representation
of siri, the iPhone voice-activated personal assistant, using any combination of sketches, renders, video, or models.
the winning design in the 3D category is called 'omniscient siri', developed by saga design digital product design firm.

stretching over and occluding the iPhone screen, the cover 'forces the user to interact with siri' instead of using touch control,
although it keeps all volume, power, and other side buttons and ports of the device accessible. measuring 4.6-inches
(11.6-centimeters) high, the case can be ordered via shapeways here for 90 USD.

Chas

Attachments

• image-413244720.jpg
    image-413244720.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 565
  • image-1486196713.jpg
    image-1486196713.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 998
  • image-1602033307.jpg
    image-1602033307.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 665
  • image-2746958100.jpg
    image-2746958100.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 627

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

shapeways online DIY 3D-printing company recently held a competition that asked users to design a physical representation
of siri, the iPhone voice-activated personal assistant, using any combination of sketches, renders, video, or models.
the winning design in the 3D category is called 'omniscient siri', developed by saga design digital product design firm.

stretching over and occluding the iPhone screen, the cover 'forces the user to interact with siri' instead of using touch control,
although it keeps all volume, power, and other side buttons and ports of the device accessible. measuring 4.6-inches

Chas

So that's what she looks like, Chas.
Nice piece of art work and thanks for sharing. So to pick up the iPhone you would need to pick up Siri by the scruff of her neck?
Might be fun.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
So that's what she looks like, Chas.
Nice piece of art work and thanks for sharing. So to pick up the iPhone you would need to pick up Siri by the scruff of her neck?
Might be fun.
Regards, Andrewddc28

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,
Well, I'm not so sure, but that is still a wonderful representation of her.
Coming at you, straight at you. I like it too. Those 3d printers are really doing some magical things.

Technology has finally begun catching up to our imaginations.
Disney bought out George Lucas of Pixar for $7 Billion. Ah so, there will be a string of new Star Wars movies being produced now.
And an array of wonderful new fantasy movies and interactive video games, many of thee movies will be in that creative Canadian invention of imax and obviously awesome new 3D format.

Here is the second place runner up!

Chas

Attachments

• image-115433301.jpg
    image-115433301.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:

Chas

I wonder how it would work in Britain, where Siri's voice is male?

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I wonder how it would work in Britain, where Siri's voice is male?

Hi scififan57,
Just plant an unambiguous mustache upon her upper lip area...

Chas

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Jeezus, that's about the creepiest thing I've ever seen. (shudder)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Jeezus, that's about the creepiest thing I've ever seen. (shudder)

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

The awesome technology that created these items is what interests me more than whether these Siri representations are pretty to me.
If you go to Shapeways website you can see all sorts of strange and wonderful designs. All created on a 3d printer. That's what's so cool about these.
An iPhone 4 and 4S case inspired by the new film "Prometheus" and the art of H.R Giger. The film's premise questions the origin of mankind, of whether intelligent alien life had a role in the evolution of our species. This case evokes an alien artifact, and with the iPhone embedded snugly in this shell the narrative created is one where the iPhone appears to be a piece of alien technology discovered amid ancient ruins.
I won't post a pic, as to me it resembles a ...<edit>...

The key about all these designs remember, they are "'printed' on 3d printers"
It was made by a computer for a computer.

Chas

This post was Moderated-please read the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my god!...I think the good old 2d Siri is far better than this 3d Siri....it's very...umm...scary...creepy...especially the holes on the throat of the face sticking out...and does the lips move when talking?? Even if it does...it's scary...

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
If it did I suggest change of underwear :D

Hi iJamesH,
Ah, can I ask you about the little screaming girl within you? Smile

So have you, an obviously deep rooted fear of the unknown! Or thou hast been afflicted with loathing of inanimate objects de art!
Indeed,
'Witch' is it "Deer Fellow", while your ghosts are showing... cast thee dark spell over you!!

Chas

Most reactions