What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sony Handycam allows still pictures not vieo

Thomastomlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our new Sony Handycam allows still pictures but not the video. We have used the connection kit for the SD card but we have been unable to load the video. The Camera is a Sony Handycam DSR-SX45. We appreciate any guidence. Thanks, Nancy and Tom

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the sticking point with the CCK and video are the varied video formats various camcorders use. The iPad is fairly limited in what it can handle. Not knowing the exact format of your particular handicam, it may be necessary to extract footage to a PC or Mac and converting for the iPad.

You can try hooking the camera directly to the USB of the CCK and see if that makes a difference.

Someone who is a little more hands on will be along I'm sure to point you in the right direction.

OP
T

Thomastomlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
I think the sticking point with the CCK and video are the varied video formats various camcorders use. The iPad is fairly limited in what it can handle. Not knowing the exact format of your particular handicam, it may be necessary to extract footage to a PC or Mac and converting for the iPad.

You can try hooking the camera directly to the USB of the CCK and see if that makes a difference.

Someone who is a little more hands on will be along I'm sure to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for responding! We have tried just about everything. Today we will order an Apple Air. We just wish we could find a camera that supports the pad. Have a great day

Most reactions

Latest posts