What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solutions for wireless presentation with ipad

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If You have an iPhone . Use the hotspot function creating portable wifi. Then you can plug the iPad into the projector and control it with keynote presenter I do this all the time for presentations.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use an app called Conference Pad. Run a copy on the phone and the iPad. It works over either wifi or bluetooth. Much faster over wifi, but in a complicated wifi environment it might not work, so you can then use bluetooth. Works fine but I think the iPhone screen is too small for controlling a presentation properly. I think it worlds better to have two iPads and use a Grabbit Case from New Trent. It has a leather strap on the back so you can more easily hold your iPad. Now you have a REAL system for presentation. You can walk around the room...there is a laser pointer function that let's you highlight different areas on the screen when doing the presentation.

51wAuSVFu7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Steven peer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Challenge to your statement

I use the iPad/apple tv. Solution all the time to stream presentations. The writer is suggesting that a router you provide will allow the network required to do this. Yes, he would not have full use of the Apple TV (services), but that is not what he is attempting.

This, BTW, is the setup I am assembling, using a super portable router built into a wall wort.

Just a crazy suggestion here....
Get an Apple TV and a small portable WiFi router.
Connect Apple TV to the projector (you might need an HDMI to VGA adapter)
Get a small, portable WiFi Router
Download the Remote App for your iPad and stream wireless from the iPad to the Apple TV.

This is basically the set-up I am running in my house - No wires except between the Apple TV and the projector (or in my case my Plasma TV). This works flawlessly....as a bonus you can connect the Apple TV to the iTunes library on your MacBook (if you happen to have it along) and stream just about anything to the Apple TV.

You could buy just about ANY wireless N router...so between the Apple TV, router and an HDMI adapter you would have less than $200 invested.

If you get a new projector it probably has HDMI inputs.

Most reactions

Latest posts