What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So nobody went to walmart and target...FAIL

Chriztofor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think walmart and target had the least amount of Ipads. One guy had to repeat what I told him "Ipad 2" as if it was some strange name. lol

Futurebird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the hour and a half of conversation with interesting people to be enjoyable and entertaining.

Some people would rather watch a sporting event live rather than watch it on TiVo the next day. Its the same game, it just all depends on what you like to do with your time. :)

Agree! I've never done this before and I had a blast. Met so many nice people who are in to computers like I am!

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm too old for all this nonsense. I'll wait a few more weeks, read some reviews and decide on accessories. Then, I'll order it all online and have a splendid time putting it all together the weekend after it arrives.

Chucksjen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walmart was the winner

left work at 5 got to walmart by 5:30 was home by 6. My local walmart had 4 64 gigs left when I got there. No lines no waiting!

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dmaul1114 said:
The problem is, per forum posts here and elsewhere, if you were in an area with an Apple store the Wal-mart's, Targets and Best Buys seem to only have gotten a handful of units as the majority of stock went to Apple.

Personally, I ordered online as there's no product that could EVER get me to wait in line to spend my hard earned money. I pretty much hate shopping locally anyway. Other than groceries and toiletries, I pretty much order online. Retail can pretty much up and die for all I care.

Not true south florida has like 4 apple stores and walmarts still got like 40 to 70. I went shopping in walmart first and at like 6 they still had 50 and no line. People just follow to much, there is nothing cool about standing in line if your an adult or even above 16. Standing still will never be cool

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FatalDesain said:
Not true south florida has like 4 apple stores and walmarts still got like 40 to 70. I went shopping in walmart first and at like 6 they still had 50 and no line. People just follow to much, there is nothing cool about standing in line if your an adult or even above 16. Standing still will never be cool

Also this was a super walmart, i mean ofcourse a regular walmart won't have alot. Think smart bigger store better chance and apple fanboys are too good for target or walmart.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called the closest WalMart and AT&T stores and they said they wouldn't have any. So I went to Apple and stood in line. Store employees came by with free water, coffee, hot chocolate throughout the afternoon. It was fun to talk with like minded people in line when I wasn't reading a book. Good weather helped. Once 5pm rolled around the Apple employees were very efficient and friendly, so the line moved steadily. This is the first time I stood in line vs ordering online and it was a positive experience, not a fail at all. And most important, I got exactly the model I wanted.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the hour and a half of conversation with interesting people to be enjoyable and entertaining.

Last year we ended up in line at the mall for almost three hours, but in an odd way it was enjoyable. Like standing in a long line waiting for food at a State Fair... everyone is in a good mood, and no one cares about your politics, religion, or carnivore status.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I live north of Sacramento, CA. I called the Wal-Mart Superstore in Rocklin, just north of town and next door to Roseville. They said they were only getting FOUR 32GB units and were unsure if there were 3G or not. Same story with the Wal-Mart in Rosevile. I could've called all around and driven there, etc. BUT...the nearest anything to me is an hour or so south of my house. So I thought to myself "screw it" and ordered online.

Too bad I FELL ASLEEP at 11pm last night in my effort to stay up and order right at 1am. I was having too much fun with Garage Band, which I'd just downloaded and installed on my current iPad (works great! Best value for a great piece of software!). GRRRrrrrrrr. I woke up at 8:30am and found that the Apple site had changed shipping to "`2-3 weeks". Oh well....

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts