What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover with built-in keyboard and flip stand for iPad(s)

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:eek: Hi all, its been a while since I have been on this site. Have done a lot of soul searching re: iPad protection kits vs real functionality. My latest acquisition is:

Ultrathin Keyboard case with flip stand for iPad's 2,3,4 (not Air) from Anker (purchased via Amazon $39.99 msrp)

Works just like Apples Smart Cover with the addition of a real nice keyboard, and is super lightweight with long lithium battery life. Sure beats using the virtual keyboard that takes up half the display space. Not so "touchy" either. Pun intended. Great form, fit, function, and matches the iPad2 cover beautifully.

I have also noted in comments that so many want bump, scratch, and drop protection. Forget all that nonsense. Just take care of your valuables by using proper handling techniques and quit being so careless. Yeah, I know we are human and make mistakes and don't want to be penalized for being stupid. That is okay. I've been stupid plenty of times ... just learning.

I asked the key question: Why hasn't Apple provided all these extra safeguard that everyone thinks is so important? Is it really all that important. The Smart Cover does what it does ... that's it. This new keyboard is a God-Send in Productivity and convenience at a very reasonable price.

Just sharing my Opinion and viewpoint. Let's see what others think. Comments invited.:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple doesn't need to provide all that stuff. By them not doing so, it creates a health aftermarket from third parties. This is a good thing.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I saw that Anker case on Amazon last week and was very interested. I liked how it had a pop stand vs magnets and how the on/off switch was on top in plain view versus the side. I ended up going with the Logitech Ultrathin for my iPad 4 because I had more confidence that the keyboard would feel good.

And I think Apple feels about its devices the way car manufacturers do. You can design a beautiful product or one that is impervious to damage but not both. You know that shiny new car will gradually suffer scrapes and the paint will fade and that is the natural way of things. Of course, those who are diligent can keep their stuff looking good much longer but physics will catch up with them too in the end.

I've had my iPad for over a year and have never once dropped it. It doesn't seem so hard to me.

OP
M

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that Anker case on Amazon last week and was very interested. I liked how it had a pop stand vs magnets and how the on/off switch was on top in plain view versus the side. I ended up going with the Logitech Ultrathin for my iPad 4 because I had more confidence that the keyboard would feel good.

And I think Apple feels about its devices the way car manufacturers do. You can design a beautiful product or one that is impervious to damage but not both. You know that shiny new car will gradually suffer scrapes and the paint will fade and that is the natural way of things. Of course, those who are diligent can keep their stuff looking good much longer but physics will catch up with them too in the end.

I've had my iPad for over a year and have never once dropped it. It doesn't seem so hard to me.

Cool ... I totally agree with form, fit function. I liked the price of the Anker, also how slim and perfectly it matches my iPad2. Quality wise I have zero problems with the Anker product. Key action is most adequate, though Apple's BT keyboard is the best I have ever used. It just didn't match size wise nearly as good as the Anker case does. I am using my Apple Keyboard with my iPhone 5s ... works like a charm.

Most reactions