What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slow down music - how???

Brookelea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a beginning/intermediate musician - I play timpani and other drums in an orchestra and primarily classical music. However, being fairly new to music (approx. 1 1/2 years) I'm having some problems learning the more complicated pieces of music. SOOOOOOOOO . . .

I want and need to get a "Music Slow Down" program or app. I see there are quite a few available, but I have absolutely no idea how to use one. I only have an IPAD 3, not ITUNES. And I am very, very computer/IPAD illiterate - stupid? dense? So I really need some clear ideas and instruction in slowing down music. I'm not talking about recordings I make of me playing, but recordings I find on YOUTUBE or download to my android as an MP3 (I don't have an IPhone). HELP???

What I need to do is:
Slow down music from YOUTUBE or MP3 downloaded from Amazon to my android so I can really follow along with the score.
OR learn how to download MP3s from and to my IPAD3
Boost Bass levels so I can really hear the percussion lines

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fender amplitube free version app has the feature to slow down recording without changing pitch so that you can play along or learn new songs.
Basically it works with audio saved on the iPad and the apps searches for audio to play in one of the menu options.
It's remarkable that it's a free feature.
A more expensive way to do this is to get a Boss eband Js10, which will also cancel out the audio lead or vocal track so that you can custom create your own backing track.
I would try out the free app though before spending a whole lot of money. Although the eband seems pretty nice.

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an app called Amazing Slow Downer. I like to play musicals. This app is very helpful when learning new music. You can slow the songs down to a good learning speed and then when you learn them you can speed them back up to show speed.

Most reactions

Latest posts