What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

slideshow speed - how to control?

mikebode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my ipad2, and I am trying to get familiar with it. One thing that puzzles me is the "photo" app and the slideshow. I bought the ipad to use it at a trade show where I want to display images acquired with a new typw of camera and give people the option to browse some sample images and look at details of the images.

So, my plan was to have a slideshow running constantly, and allow people to interactively magnify the images, and then have the ipad revert to the slide show after a while.

No I am a a bit puzzled.

First, there seem to be two slideshow applications that are independent. The first one I can access when i turn on the ipad, next to the slider. this one displays one picture after the other, each one shown about 2 seconds, and I have not option to change settings (transition, etc.)

The other I have access to through the photo app. When I select "slideshow", the ipad goes into a slideshow mode, and I can set transistions, but not spped (again the ipad changes photos every 2 seconds or so).

When I use the second option, the ipad goes to the first option after awhile, then turns off.

Where can I set speeds for the transition? Is there any way to set up the slide show so that it does what I described above?

Thanks for your help.

OP
M

mikebode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but I set the delay in picture frame to 20 seconds, but the images change every 4 seconds. ???? Is that a bug?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Picture Frame only changes setting for the app you access from the lock screen. To change the delay for the Photos slide show go to Settings > Photos. To keep the iPad from shutting down go to Settings > General > Auto-Lock and change it to never.

I don't think there is anyway to make a slide show resume after you've paused it for zooming. You just have to start it over again.

OP
M

mikebode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. But it's still to fast. I have set the delay in both picture frame and photo to 20 seconds. The transition is set to "origami". When start the slideshow from either photos or the startup screen, I get photos that change about every 4 seconds. I h ave restarted the iPad, no change.

Can someone out there try that and tell me that I'm not crazy? Thanks.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I tried the slide show timer, 4 of the "transitions" time perfectly to 20 seconds. "Origami" flows quickly, but that seems it's nature.

Based on that, you're probably not totally crazy.

You may need to search for an app that has all of the features you need. I'm sure someone here may have some ideas.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I never noticed that before, but you are right. The origami setting evidently has it's own pace, and ignores the timer settings. Dissolve works though.

Most reactions

Latest posts