What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slideshow in the TV app

• Thread starter Deleted member 247820
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 247820

I have iPad Mini 4.
OS 13.1.3
I have videos in the "recent" album of the photos app and can slideshow them.
I have videos in the TV app but cannot find a way to slideshow them.
Surely this is possible?
Any help is appreciated.

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
So, by 'slideshow' you want to play a video one after the other without having to press a button? As far as I am aware the TV app has removed the autoplay next episode functionality. Some of the 3rd party apps that can connect to the TV app may have this feature, but I don't think it is there for native videos.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Jezzer.
That's right.
I have lots of shortish videos and wish to play them one after the other.
So far cannot do that from the TV app.
I can do it from the photos app. But much prefer keeping videos in the "videos" app, and photos in the photos app. Simple.
Big thanks for your reply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. The Apple TV app has evolved into something quite a bit different than the old video library. It’s all about purchased and streaming content. I’m not even sure how you are getting videos into it; though I’d guess it’s probably by syncing with iTunes on a computer. There is no slideshow like feature, and no way to trick it into one.

I suppose you could sync the (short?) video clips to Music instead. Add them to a playlist and use the shuffle and replay buttons to play them randomly and continuously. But this is also a stop gap, and unlikely to be satisfying.

Like most of the time when an Apple app doesn’t do the job, it’s best to look for a third party app. There are several audio/video library/player apps out there. You can use NPlayer similar to how I just described using Music (random continuous play of a playlist). There may be others with real video slideshow features, but I’m not familiar with any of them.

There are probably several slideshow/presentation apps that will do what you want. Also not familiar with them.

But as for Apple’s apps. The only thing that will currently mix photos and videos into a slideshow is Photos.

You could make movie combining your photos and videos using the Movie app, or something similar using Keynote, but they would not be random, and would not let you easily add more photos/movies after the fact.

Good luck.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

Hi T Poet.
Thanks, lots of useful information as usual.
You are right I get the videos into the TV app by some iTunes magic.
And the Music app seems to play continually in listed order, so that's a possible solution.
Anyway for the time being I will put any videos I want to slideshow into to the photo app, "recents" section.
Thanks once again.

Most reactions

Latest posts