What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skylanders on iPad

Qwerta369

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. I know nothing about computer games.

My little boy is nearly 6. His friends have PS3s and Xboxs and he would really like one to. But I'm not going to buy him one.

What he really wants to play is Skylanders. On the xbox, as I understand, you can play skylanders but more than just a software computer game there are physical plastic toys that you play concurrently with the game - is that correct? As I said, I really know nothing about this.

He mentioned Nintendo 3DS XL but, long story short, we're going to buy an iPad Air from Hong Kong in a couple of weeks, with the mindset that it's going to be a family device and my son's primary usage will be educational games.

That said, I would like to treat him to play skylanders once in a while. My question for you knowledgable people is, can skylanders (or is it skylanders giants?) be played on the iPad Air and, is so, what do I need to buy? Not only the software game (app?) but the physical plastic toys that go with the game?

Many thanks for any help!

Most reactions

Latest posts