What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri Music Fan

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Q. Siri, What's your favorite song?

A. My taste in music is rather unconventional. I doubt you'd like it.

It's difficult to place Siri in a corner and get any direct answers from her private personality inside. But quite often her answers are very surprising.
When asked about the weather in a very gruff and course voice, Siri told me to Ask nicely then.

Chas

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I asked "what is your favorite song, Siri?"

She responded, "I mostly listen to the music of the spheres."

Never heard of them.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pythagoras and the Spheres aren't as popular as they used to be, say, 2500 years ago, where they were one of the biggest bands in Greece.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Pythagoras and the Spheres aren't as popular as they used to be, say, 2500 years ago, where they were one of the biggest bands in Greece.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Hi,
Yeah I bought their Pythagorean Theorem album at the Cave... Smile

Chas

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Wow it's surprising she can tell the tone of voice like that. That's hilarious :D

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Hi goofy8275,
Yeah, you know what made it hilarious, I was talking to a friend and his wife on my speaker phone at the time
and they were listening to answers Siri was replying back to me from my questions to her.
My friend says to me,
"What would happen if you asked her questions in a mean voice", & I got really gruff and angry sounding.
So when Siri replied back to "Ask nicely",

"Well Man 'we just fell about the place'"!!

Chas

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Q. Siri, What's your favorite song?

A. My taste in music is rather unconventional. I doubt you'd like it.

It's difficult to place Siri in a corner and get any direct answers from her private personality inside. But quite often her answers are very surprising.
When asked about the weather in a very gruff and course voice, Siri told me to Ask nicely then.

Chas

I just asked her the same question?....answer...with all of iTunes to listen to, why would I need a favorite?

Just love that she took exception to your tone of voice.....:D

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
I just asked her the same question?....answer...with all of iTunes to listen to, why would I need a favorite?

Just love that she took exception to your tone of voice.....:D

Hi leelai,
It almost would appear that someone/s is/are answering all these questions and not a computer program.
I guess it's a lot more deep than a program and software...

Chas

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi leelai,
It almost would appear that someone/s is/are answering all these questions and not a computer program.
I guess it's a lot more deep than a program and software...

Chas

Hi Chas!

It's interesting that she does answer the same question differently.....I wonder how many responses she may have.

But to notice the tone of your voice........well that's a whole new tangent.

I'm playing with her now......she's just not getting me. ;)

OP
Redhotpoker

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Chas!

It's interesting that she does answer the same question differently.....I wonder how many responses she may have.

But to notice the tone of your voice........well that's a whole new tangent.

I'm playing with her now......she's just not getting me. ;)

Hi leelai,
From the very first day that I heard about Siri, I new this was something I wanted to try.
Since that first morning, when we all downloaded the new iOS6, it's been something I've enjoyed using.
It's everything and more I wished it to be.
I try to be more creative with my requests, even obscure at times, if only to help teach her more about my mannerisms and behaviors...
It's true that she slowly learns those words you commonly use while typing, and will suggest correct spelling of those words if you spell them incorrectly.
If It makes you feel secure great, but it's feeling as if someone is watching over your shoulder all the time, every keystroke.

To be able to distinguish my voice in anger or excitement is rather Eerie, and I don't mean Irie...

Chas

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts