What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri in iPad 2

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only if you jailbreak but then it's pretty hard to have it work right.

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read something today saying that the iPad 2 doesn't have the "noise cancelling feature" the Mini, iPad 3/4 has. Is this true or Apple BS?

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google Search is supposed to have a Siri-type option. I just downloaded it yesterday, so it's too early for me to have formed an opinion about it. I'd be interested to hear what others think of it.

pyewacket

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google Search is supposed to have a Siri-type option. I just downloaded it yesterday, so it's too early for me to have formed an opinion about it. I'd be interested to hear what others think of it.

Personally, not a lot....Not sure if it is a "dialect" problem...I have tried it out extensively, and only get about a 70% success rate..

Especially with letters that sound alike...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SimoneLouise28 said:
What is this Syria type download on google and how do you find it? Thank you

You can't add Siri to a stock iPad 2, despite what you may ave read.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can use your voice to do searches on the web. Which is what Siri is at its core. Siri however can go further due to having access to both your apps and personal data. Which makes texting possible.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SimoneLouise28 said:
So how is google search like Siri? Forgive my ignorance please :)

You speak to it like when using Siri, but it doesn't have the same functionality as Siri.

Most reactions

Latest posts