What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I get ipad 1 or ipad 2 or Ipad 3

DazzyBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fancy getting a wifi 64GB Ipad

I understand ipad 2 is a bit thinner & lighter and longer battery. Not sure what facetime is, is that just for talking to someone on another ipad 2 ?

I can probably get a 2nd hand Ipad for £200 less than the ipad 2. I also hear the ipad 3 might be out within a year

Which should I get ? And why ?

Thanks

Geoff Reid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't get the iPad 1, you will only regret it once you see the iPad 2 and they aren't that expensive. I have the iPad 2 and I LOVE it. When I pick up my nephews iPad 1 it feels so big and heavy compared to mine. Plus you can get the new ones in white and seeing as everyone now is bringing out their version of the iPad and they are all in black too which is boring.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FaceTime is video calling, for Apple devices. Plain and simple. FaceTime can be used with any combination of an iPad 2, iPhone 4, 4th-Generation iPod Touch, or 2011 Mac Computers (MacBooks/iMacs). If you have FaceTime, you can video-call anyone with a supported device (see above).

Battery is the same for iPads 1 and 2- 10 hours. iPad 3 WON'T COME IN 2011. Why? Because Steve Jobs said 2011 is the year of iPad 2, also Apple only comes out with new versions after 1 year (they're usually very particular about this), plus Apple hasn't even completed listing the particular components required for iPad 3. Fourth, Apple is still handling back-orders for iPad 2. They trying to make iPad 2s as fast as possible for shipping to customers, they won't have time for iPad 3.

fgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion you better get iPad 2. If you are going to wait for iPad 3 why don't you wait for iPad 10? Get it now enjoy now and let the future come in it's order.
I have the iPad 2, 3G+wifi, 32GB.

Markswheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditto, something new is always around the corner. The iPad 2 is a great device. Get it and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

jaymz77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 rocks, got mine a couple weeks after launch and never regretted it, now I need another since my wife has fallen in love with mine :)

yianniskyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have ipad 1 .should i buy ipad 2? mainly use internet, games,reading

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Get what's current.

The ipad1 is awesome, and you'll save cash.
The ipad2 is more awesome, current and wonderful fun
The iPad3 is way off. Why not wait for the much better ipad4 instead?

Most reactions

Latest posts