What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I get the iPad 2 or wait for the iPad 3?

Janes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[h=1]Should I get the iPad 2 or wait for the iPad 3?[/h]I want to get several things now that I get paychecks for working at my school teacher and I was wondering if I should get the iPad 2 or wait for the iPad 3?

Hope you give me advice.thanks

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you wait for the iPad 3 then decide to wait a little longer and get an iPad 4. :D

Seriously, in tech items there is always a new improved product coming down the street and if you wait excessively long you miss out on plenty but you invariably don't gain much. As I tell people on camera forums how would you feel if you keep waiting for the new model camera and while waiting you miss out on the best photograph that you will ever take in your life the one that will make you rich and famous? Would the wait have been worth it for a couple of extra features?

Buy the iPad 2 now and get into the every second model routine, hold onto it until the iPad 4 is available then the 6, etc.

djroyjax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could always buy the iPad 2 now and sell it later if you really want the iPad 3 when it comes out. I just bought the 2 about two days ago and am glad I did!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would buy the 2 now, it is a fantastic piece of technology and I think you'll find yourself wondering why you hesitated once you do. There will always be new models coming out but why deny yourself the enjoyment now. Enjoy!!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditto to all the replies that say to just buy it now. Life is too short and it's almost impossible to "time" electronics purchases to feel like you beat the system. Just get one and have some fun. :)

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't have an iPad already then get 2, but if you have 1, then do not upgrade unless you want a camera for video chat. The quality of the still camera is rather poor.
From what I have read from the rumor mill I think it will be worth upgrading from 2 to 3 becauase it appears some of the upgrades will genuinley make a big difference.

Last edited:

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you don't have an iPad already then get 2, but if you have 1, then do not upgrade unless you want a camera for video chat. The quality of the still camera is rather poor.
From what I have read from the rumor mill I think it will be worth upgrading from 2 to 3 becauase it appears some of the upgrades will genuinley make a big difference.

Probably a good idea. Im thinking I may give the 2 to my oldest daughter and get a 3 for me if anything. But, the 2 is working just so beautifully - I cant see me lettin it go no matter what. Major improvements in the 3 wil sway me though. We'll see.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way you will be unhappy with the 2 is when you see the 3. However, due to display issues, they may not be able to do the 3 this spring as planned. You may see a 2S version that will add features to keep most happy. I plan on waiting on the 3 since my original model is still amazing. If I am lucky, it will have the iPhone 4S camera.

Thebeachbum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy the 2 and get your feet wet. If you really like the 3, you can upgrade and, this is the best part, you can pass the 2 to your wife, kids, parents. This makes you look good and keeps you updated.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have he iPad 1, wait for the 3. I've been asking myself all year if I should get the 2 or wait for the 3 in the spring. So far I'm sticking to waiting for the 3, but if the improvements are not what I expected, I may just go for the ipad2 which should be cheaper after the release of the third.

Most reactions

Latest posts