What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing was interrupted?

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to email this 15 sec video and keep getting this. I did it before with no problems. I'm using iPad 2, using wifi, have latest version, can anyone diagnose this? I can't find anything in settings that would prevent emailing a vid. Pictures email ok. THANKS

image-1786110455.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on the email providers and the quality of the video, even a 15 second video may be too large to email as an attachment.

If you are trying to send it to a person, I recommend using a cloud service like DropBox or Box, and then emailing them the share link. Besides bypassing any size limitation in email (can be either their or your provider), it lets the recipient decide when and where to download the video. It also means they will get the email much faster, since the file doesn't need to be transmitted with the email.

I don't 'know' that the size is the problem. But even if it is something else, sharing via DropBox or another cloud service should bypass the issue.

Edit:

What app is that in your screen shot. I'm not recognizing it off the top of my head. It could also be a problem with the app.

Last edited:
OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I was trying to send this vid. Right from the stock photos app, under albums, all imported. I might also be able to log in to email using 1password and give it access to photos. My goal was to send this vid to my email so I can transfer it to my iPad mini from my iPad2 via email. I have an SD adapter that fits in to my iPad2 so I can view video from my trail cam. That's why I can't give up the iPad2.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm. I can't find the view you are seeing in Photos, but then again I don't have any imported albums.

DropBox could also be used to move your videos between devices. You'd just need to install DropBox on both devices. Once you've uploaded the video to DropBox from one device, it will be available for download on the other. Same is true for most other cloud file services; Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.

Or, if you want to avoid using cloud and the internet, the app PhotoSync is great for transferring photos and videos between two iOS devices or you computer (companion app optional).

Install and open it on both devices, then you can select and send send photos/videos between them easily. You need to be on the same wi-fi network for good performance, but it's also supposed to work with Bluetooth in a pinch. I haven't really tested that feature.

PhotoSync the app I use, and like, but there are a number of similar apps, some cheaper or free. Shop around or search this forum for other suggestions. Just remember free isn't always free, after you count the time you spend cursing at the app. :)

OP

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That' app is what I need! When I transferred my cellular data plan from iPad2 to mini, it makes cloud services and sinking the two a little difficult. Not having home based wifi I rely on cellular. That's why I was using email to do this. I will get the app and stop in at Starbucks, have a good cup of coffee and give it a try. Once again thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I hope it works for you.

Hold in mind that public wi-fi may not work, since they often disable any kind of discoverability as a security measure. You can also try it in Bluetooth mode; though that is likely to be painfully slow with videos.

There's always DropBox, as mentioned before. It will work over cellular, and while it won't be nice to your cellular data plan, it won't be any worse than using email to transfer the file

Most reactions