What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting up new user

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am setting up my wife on an Ipad mini but I cannot get beyond a certain point.

I've created her iCloud account and verified email mobile number- done on a laptop.

I've logged on to the ipad using her icloud and, again, verified via mobile.

I am now trying to install an app from the App Store. Once selected the app wont install without entering her icloud password. Once the PW is entered I am told the ID has not been used in the iTunes Store and to do so I have to tap "Review" and review account information. This brings up a "Complete your AppleID" box. I then accept terms and conditions and hit "Next". Then nothing happens.

What is going wrong?

OP
N

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I logged in to iCloud on a laptop and completed billing and payment details. Then, on the iPad, I started the app install process again. This time it seems to have accepted the Terms and Conditions tick but it has hung ("Next" has gone from blue to greyed out).

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the Settings app and open it, tap the name at the top and make sure the account information is correct, especially “Payment & Shipping”.

Before downloading an App in the App Store, make sure the account is active. You can see that in the app, on any page, at the top right. If you‘re logged in with the ID, there‘s either a photo of the person (in case you loaded it), or the initials of the Apple ID owner. If you don‘t see any of these, log in to the ID in the App Store app.

If you can‘t sign in via App Store, try the same in the Music app, or the iTunes Store or the Apple TV app on the iPad.

OP
N

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Payment and shipping is correct.

I've tried using other apps to go through the account review process in order to accept the T&Cs but they also stop at that screen.

I tried to install a couple of other apps but got a message saying it was not compatible with this iPad. I tried Angry Birds, Gmail, Chrome.

OP
N

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is running iOS 9.3.5 and is up to date.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many apps require at least iOS 13 or 14. The most recent software for compatible iPads is 16.1.1.
According to your information, you‘re using an iPad mini (1st generation), which was released in 2012. This would explain why it says it‘s up to date, because that device can‘t handle iOS 10 and later. Google Chrome needs iPadOS 14 and later, so it won‘t be possible to install the app.

OP
N

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, thanks for that. Is there a way to determine if a particular app can run on it?

I want to use it for running a training app for a bike trainer.

OP
N

Navrig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked with the app website and the iPad needs to be 2017 or newer.

Back to the drawing board I think.

Thanks for all your help.

Anyone want to buy an series 1 iPad mini ? 🤣🤣

Most reactions

Latest posts