What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious question - Lotus Notes on iPad?

NotesIn9Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lotus Notes, Traveler and iPad

Anyone know where I could find a "traveler for dummies" documentation? I was on the phone with my it guy from India. But I need some help figuring out what exactly has to be done.

I don't know if there's a great guide out there - probably is but here's the skinny.

Traveler is a FREE addon that's installed on the Domino server. Version 8.5.1 or greater. So you need one of those servers open to the Internet. But you do NOT need to have your mail file on it, or even upgrade your mail server. That can remain on an older version. how cool is that? :)

Anyway, once traveler is installed. You just navigate to it with your iPhone or iPad. Since it uses native apps - no app store needed. Typically it's something like this:
www.company.com/servlet/traveler

Then the browser will walk you through entering your name and password and that's about it. It installs a profile on your phone. Basically Traveler is Active-Sync and makes domino look similar to an Exchange server.

It works wonderfully really. Mail, contacts and calendar.

As Info - I do a screencast on Lotus Notes topics called NotesIn9. I did a show that talked about Traveler a while ago. If interested it's here:

Episode – 005 – 8.5.1 | Notes In 9

Hope that helps!

kberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Integrate your business on your iPad with Lotus WebDAV

With Lialis Lotus WebDAV it is possible to access (upload, download, synchronize) Lotus Domino databases on your iPad (or iPhone, Blackberry, etc.). The free download will be available in October.

Julian Buss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick follow up: if you want to synchronize your Lotus Notes or iNotes Notebook (Journal) database, you can now do it with an App: NotesBook. Just search for it in the Appstore. Or have a look at youatnotes.com/notesbook.

Most reactions

Latest posts