What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second introduction.

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I introduced myself in the wrong thread. So will start again here.

Hi to all. I'm Mike.
I am seriously considering getting myself an iPad2 for Christmas. Probably a 32gb with 3g.
I am now retired, but have several outside hobbies (bird watching, train & plane spotting) & am wondering about the convenience of an iPad as a database & electronic notebook. Does anyone else use one as a storage medium for their hobbies?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Callander said:
Sorry. I introduced myself in the wrong thread. So will start again here.

Hi to all. I'm Mike.
I am seriously considering getting myself an iPad2 for Christmas. Probably a 32gb with 3g.
I am now retired, but have several outside hobbies (bird watching, train & plane spotting) & am wondering about the convenience of an iPad as a database & electronic notebook. Does anyone else use one as a storage medium for their hobbies?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You can use the iPad for any type of storage, I have my library of hard cover books in mine, I also dabble in Art and have quite a collection stored here too. The size of the screen would be perfect for displaying photos and illustrations of your hobbies. Others will chime in here I'm sure.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

Callander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello & many thanks for your reply. A quick change of mind about the Christmas present though. Christmas will be expensive enough without the indulgence of an iPad2, so, since there appears to be the distinct possibility of a new kid on the block early next year. I think I might just wait for that.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Callander said:
Hello & many thanks for your reply. A quick change of mind about the Christmas present though. Christmas will be expensive enough without the indulgence of an iPad2, so, since there appears to be the distinct possibility of a new kid on the block early next year. I think I might just wait for that.

What a shame that you won't have it for Christmas but that time of year is so very expensive. Yes the new one will probably appear early April. I really do hope you will be able to get one then and you are going to just love it! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts