What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD & USB adapters

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wellll...
You can use SOME accessories with the USB adapter, but many are not supported because of power consumption. For the SD card adapter, photos is probably the only use.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't own a camera connection kit, so therefore can not think of any sepcific accessories off the top of my head.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Camera Connection Kit (CCK), is only designed to hook up an SD card or USB or camera for the purpose of transferring photos to the iPad (and video in a limited capacity). Some with jailbroken iPads have been able to open it up for file transfers and even hook up USB keyboards for use with the iPad.

Check out the threads on it here.

OP
tomthbomb

tomthbomb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Camera Connection Kit (CCK), is only designed to hook up an SD card or USB or camera for the purpose of transferring photos to the iPad (and video in a limited capacity). Some with jailbroken iPads have been able to open it up for file transfers and even hook up USB keyboards for use with the iPad.

Check out the threads on it here.

Thanks. What I thought but needed confirmation.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:

The statement was quite rude, please be respectable to all members. When someone asks the Internet (the iPad Forums in this case), there's no need to to assume that the member was being ignorant which then gives you permission to be rude. There are other members in this forum that have a camera connection kit that could have gladly what other devices that could have been used with the camera connection kit.
Please be nice to other members next time,
Biobunny

Sent from K48

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not mean to come across as rude. :)
WAS USED to state I was thinking :)

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goofy8275 said:
Sorry, I did not mean to come across as rude. :)

That's ok, and thanks for editing your last post too, even if I'm not a mod. :)

Sent from K48AP, the classic

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mic and photos are the only uses I know of without jail breaking the iPad.

Zjrog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the camera connection kit and have yet to find any real function. Perhaps if I'm on vacation, but otherwise? I can't connect a USB thumbdrive to pull images off, so if I were to ever fill the iPad with images, I'd need my laptop to swap images.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Tom Thumb.

I found by a fluke a couple of USB keyboards that worked.
But then my geek friends laughed at me using an iPad with keyboard!
About USB flash drives, again it is a case of suck and see.
But as far as I can tell you can only import photos into the iPad, not export them.
To make the USB drive work you need to mimic the SD card in it's folder organising.

Most reactions