What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scan Copies / Wireless Printer

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:oops: We have a Canon MX452 3/1 Printer.. Can We / How Can We Copy Papers to the Printer then Scan them to an iPad then in turn Finally Email them to Someone ??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's an app called Canon Easy-PhotoPrint on the App Store which I used for my printer. It's compatible with yours as well, it seems.

You don't need to copy the papers to the printer. You scan them via the app, and then you can send them from there via email:
image.jpeg

Hope that helps.

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app called Canon Easy-PhotoPrint on the App Store which I used for my printer. It's compatible with yours as well, it seems.

You don't need to copy the papers to the printer. You scan them via the app, and then you can send them from there via email:
View attachment 69995

Hope that helps.

So to Scan using the App with my iPad would same process as taking a Photo with my iPad then emailing it ??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Speaking of taking a picture, apps like Scanner Pro, TurboScan, or Evernote Scannable do a pretty good job of scanning in documens using the iPad's camera.

As long as you have an iPad 3 or newer, and don't need a pixle perfect scan; these are good options. Cheaper and easier than trying to get a printer/scanner to work directly with the iPad.

Unlike just taking a photo, these apps will process the image for readabilty, crop it, and undo any distortion cause by not having the camera possitioned perfectly. (make the paper retangular again)

The evernote app is the least tweakable, but it's free. The others are priced reasonably if you think you'll use them a lot.

I mostly use Evernote Scanable to get notes, receipts, and other bits of printed information into my iPad. I only resort to Scanner Pro when I want the best quality scannded document I can get (short of using a real scanner).

This solution has worked so well for me that last time I bought a printer I didn't bother with an all-in-one. All I need from a printer now is that it print; prefereably using AirPring so I don't have to wory whether I left the desktop running or not.

Caveate: If I have my iPhone handy I'll use it instead of the iPad. It's not so much that the camera is better (which it is), but more about how awkward it is to possition my iPad, especially when it's in a bulky case.

Also, I haven't needed a high quality scan for a long time. I'm just recording stuff, and possible sending info to other's; not desktop publishing. It just needs to be clean and readable.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So to Scan using the App with my iPad would same process as taking a Photo with my iPad then emailing it ??

No, this app controls and imports the image from the printer/scanner, much the same as your computer would.

This sould have been my first post, but I got carried away. :oops:

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, this app controls and imports the image from the printer/scanner, much the same as your computer would.

This sould have been my first post, but I got carried away. :oops:

@twerppoet.. Hey .. Thanks for Getting Carried Away..lol.. You've Given what I'd call a Multi Tasked Answer..lol....

OP
NorPlan

NorPlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@J.A. Apparently Canon has put out a Revised Inkjet SELFHY App.. Which Popped Up when I looked @ the one You Highlighted .. It says the New App is Compatible with my Printer but the Gremlins say differently...lol.. Had the option to say No to the Revised Version.. For now we'll stay with the Old Version.. Thanks Again.. Cheers

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@J.A. Apparently Canon has put out a Revised Inkjet SELFHY App.. Which Popped Up when I looked @ the one You Highlighted .. It says the New App is Compatible with my Printer but the Gremlins say differently...lol.. Had the option to say No to the Revised Version.. For now we'll stay with the Old Version.. Thanks Again.. Cheers
You're welcome.

I know about the new app, but I couldn't find your printer in the description, that's why I didn't suggest it.

Most reactions