What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving particular threads on ipf?

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm addicted to this forum and amazed at all the wonderful information here. Thanks to all the experts!

My question is .... How can I save a particular thread for future reference. I would like to set up a folder with iPad information. Or better still sub-folders of different topics.

I have purchased a couple of file sharing apps. Have Docs to Go ( which I like because I can edit files with that ) Or ..... as new posts come up with information on the same topic I can then just add them to already saved information on a particular topic.

Good Reader, which is good but it doesn't allow me to edit or make notes on a file already saved.

I just know I'll not be able to do a search and then find some of this valuable information at a later date when I am needing it, so that is why I want to be able to save as soon as I find another gem of great information.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does nobody on here bother to save information they find in the threads?

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the forum and other rss feeds through The River of News app which allows you to star threads to save them. Sometimes I email an entry with the replies to myself, and sort these links in Zotero. Or I copy a section i want to save to paste in Notes or the Goodreaaader app. There they can be sorted into files with relevant names for finding later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From within iPF, the only way of 'saving' threads is by clicking on the right upper arrow and than on 'Subscribe to this thread'. That way iPF will notify you, whenever someone else posts something new in one of the subscribed threads.

As for keeping notes, I find it slightly tedious to use subscribed threads for them, because it involves a lot of reading and lot's of unwanted text. So what I do is to copy specific information into Evernote. When one of the subscribed threads give any new useful information, I simply copy/paste that over into Evernote.

Now, if you were using the browser ipadforums.net version, than you can setup multiple Subscribed folders, which would make it easy for referencing. The iPF app only allows one subscribed folder, making it fairly useless as a tool of keeping track of specific threads.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Evernote for me too. Plus it's synced online to my other machines.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From within iPF, the only way of 'saving' threads is by clicking on the right upper arrow and than on 'Subscribe to this thread'. That way iPF will notify you, whenever someone else posts something new in one of the subscribed threads.

As for keeping notes, I find it slightly tedious to use subscribed threads for them, because it involves a lot of reading and lot's of unwanted text. So what I do is to copy specific information into Evernote. When one of the subscribed threads give any new useful information, I simply copy/paste that over into Evernote.

Now, if you were using the browser ipadforums.net version, than you can setup multiple Subscribed folders, which would make it easy for referencing. The iPF app only allows one subscribed folder, making it fairly useless as a tool of keeping track of specific threads.

That makes sense now, I don't use the app (I really didn't like the app when I tried it). Using a browser "favorite" however, I can save an informative post and go back to it anytime and not have to read any info I don't want.

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the Copy / Paste option and put it into my " notability " acct. Under a folder called iPF wisdom.

I am new to this iPad and Apple experience. To be honest, never thought of the bookmark idea but also not adept at using bookmark yet, either.

This forum has been so informative, but I'm finding myself adding apps that I think will be useful for my needs only to then not be able to figure out how to make them work :(. Many have very little information on how to use them or get the most out of the app.

I really am new to all of this and have loads of questions but embarrassed to ask too many questions and thus appear really thick with what may seem obvious to others. ( like the bookmark suggestion )

Thanks again folks for taking both the time and effort to help us newbies.

Most reactions

Latest posts