What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving files to idisk from ipad

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well it had to happen...my 14gb iPad is running out of memory! I would like to know if I can transfer some of my photos and videos to iDisk from the iPad without connecting to a computer? The help file on the iDisk app is not much help here!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For sure, you can save photos there and delete the originals if they were not sync'd to iTunes. If they were, you won't be able to delete them even after you've sent them to iDisk. Go to the iPad's native Photos app and display the photo that you want to send to iDisk. Touch the photo and a menu bar will open. Touch the curly arrow and you'll see an option - 'Send to MobileMe' - off you go....but it's tedious as you have to do the photos this way one-by-one. If you sync with iTunes you can get rid of as many as you want at one go.

Tim

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
For sure, you can save photos there and delete the originals if they were not sync'd to iTunes. If they were, you won't be able to delete them even after you've sent them to iDisk. Go to the iPad's native Photos app and display the photo that you want to send to iDisk. Touch the photo and a menu bar will open. Touch the curly arrow and you'll see an option - 'Send to MobileMe' - off you go....but it's tedious as you have to do the photos this way one-by-one. If you sync with iTunes you can get rid of as many as you want at one go.

Tim

Thanks Tim .... As I thought but was trying to avoid "tedious"! What about videos? Don't seem to get option to do anything but delete.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could use the PhotoSync app to copy lots of photos at a once to a computer, and then use the computer to copy to iDisk.

Or, you could use GoodReader to copy photo's to a folder, then upload that folder to iDisk from there. GoodReader will allow multiple photo selection and copy from the Photos albums. It will upload entire folders to iDisk.

You'll still have to delete the photos manual from the Photo app, but thats easier than transferring them one by one.

philotas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You could use the PhotoSync app to copy lots of photos at a once to a computer, and then use the computer to copy to iDisk.

Or, you could use GoodReader to copy photo's to a folder, then upload that folder to iDisk from there. GoodReader will allow multiple photo selection and copy from the Photos albums. It will upload entire folders to iDisk.

You'll still have to delete the photos manual from the Photo app, but thats easier than transferring them one by one.

I just read your helpful post about uploading photos from an iPad to iDisk using GoodReader but how do I, and I apologize for this no doubt daft question, get the folder from GoodReader to iDisk?

Regards

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In GoodReader, on the My Documents page, look at the right hand side of the screen. There's a 'Connect to Servers' tab there. Hit the 'Add' button and fill in details of your iDisk account and you're good to go.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts