What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saved photos folder

F250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find when I save to many photos in the saved photo folder the iPad crashes.
So I was wondering if anyone knows how to make more folders and to save photos in another folder. I reallyneed help please.
Can I change the name of the saved photo folder then make another folder and rename or can I just move the saved photos or pics to another folder.
Thanks inadvance for any help.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check in iTunes and see how much memory you have left. If your out of memory, making another folder isn't going to help. No you can't rename the folder. The iPad crashing makes me think your out of memory. If you have a large collection of music on the iPad, go into iTunes and uncheck the SYNC MUSIC box, on the Music tab and sync the iPad. If that clears the problem you must have a memory shortage. You can always check the SYNC MUSIC box and it will reload all of your music when you sync it back to the iPad. If you are out of memory, your just going to delete something to make space, or be more choosy what you put on the iPad.

OP
F

F250

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It can't be the memory as I have the 64gig iPad and am only using just over half that.
I still think it was too many item's in the one folder as it would only crash when I scrolled down the thumb nails.
I have seen pic's of other iPads where they had more folders for the pics just need to find how they did.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything.

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

Most reactions

Latest posts