What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has the latest update 9.2 made safari unstable? I keep getting a page needs to re-load message up in the corner? Almost unworkable on some sites.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 9.2 should have improved Safari's stability, that's what the information about 9.2 tells.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ta, it was fine before but suddenly it does not seem to be able to load a page without having to do it 3 or 4 times. The only denominator for me is 9.2 last week - just wondering

LasJayhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't been able to read a thread here in almost a year (since iOS 8.4) on my mini till today. The page would blow up over and over. Someone said to try this:
Go to settings

General

Accessibility

Reduce Motion -switch OFF

Beats me why it worked but it fixed it for me.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thx Lasjayhawk just looked and its off! My safari is very poor right now - if I try to zoom, scroll or anything really from the page that it opens it its says it needs to load again. The only thing that changed on the iPad was the latest update 9.2.

J.A

I agree it was supposed too but mine certainly isn't an improvement, quite the opposite.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This particular forum is probably the worst example of bloated web code on the Internet. It's very slow, cranky, jerky, and crammed with useless javascript "features" that choke my iPad. Each page does seem to load twice, possibly to make the worthless "to the top" arrow in the lower right corner work. Hint: NOBODY uses that widget!

I would bail, except for the wonderful community of iPad users here.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tapatalk un-bloats everything, at the expence of a few features and learning the app.

I use the the "to the top" arrow quite a bit when using a desktop. On the iPad tapping the time in the status bar works just as well. At any rate I doubt the little arrow is causing the page to reload. Misbehaving ads are the usual cause of page rloads.

I've found the site more stable since I went back to the old, purple theme. It is also easier to read. I think it has more contrast.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry TP that loses me in the first sentence. As for lanny?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry TP that loses me in the first sentence. As for lanny?

Tapatalk is an app that lets you participate in multple forums. Because it bypasses the website, it is does not suffer from the bload, ad overload, and other overhead that comes with some sites. On the other hand it does not support all the forum's features.

On my computer, and more recentlhy on the iPad Pro, I tend to use the website so that I can use all the extras. On my iPhone and the older iPads I mostly use Tapatalk.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It ain't ads--I use Weblock, and don't see any. This forum software is simply too code-heavy for my poor little iPad 3. My other forums use phpBB and vBulletin, which are much, much faster.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. I'm surprised, but with the extra context what you are saying makes sense. I should probablbty have remembered you were using a web blocking solution, but, well, memory and me, we don't always hang out together.

Most reactions

Latest posts