What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

safari search

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not go on safari very often but when I do I always have to type in the top search box .
Is there any way to get the google search box in the middle of the screen like I use in firefox on my laptop
cos I really want to start all my surfing on I-PAD instead of PC but I just cannot stand typing in the top because
it just seems strange after five years of firefox and google search.
thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one way of doing it

image-133676003.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's one way of doing it

View attachment 12768

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That is exactly what I thought but when I pull that tab down all it gives me is: HISYORY BOOKMARKS APPLE AND USER GUIDE
where my ipod touch gives me google yahoo etc my ipad doesnt, Hope that helps

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to press the curved arrow to get the drop down that Kevin posted. You must be pressing the icon that looks like a book (that's your bookmarks).

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You got it, Marilyn. This is to start Safari right on the Google homepage. So far as I know, there is no other way of doing it. If Safari is already running in the background, the homescreen icon will open a new tab and keep the other tabs available.

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK So close tabs on safari and click curved arrow then pick google search thanks.
But why such a hassle I cannot figure that out at all Thanks a lot guys.

Most reactions