What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problem - single website image lock

southwtr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a particular web address, Safari is automatically adding extra letters after the address (these are /#!/cover). It has only recently started doing this (the website was fine before, and I can still access the website without problems on different computers - both IBM and Mac). I have tried re-typing the address after deleting the link, but it still addes the extra letters and then not working properly. This means that the screen becomes filled with a highly magnified part of one photo. A little icon on the right appears which says “swipe meâ€. When swiped, it goes to a page with a revolving “busy bar†across it which then becomes blocked. I have tried going to settings and deleting all cookies and all history etc, but nothing seems to make a difference. All other web pages continue to work fine.

I have also tried soft reset.

Any suggestions welcome, and thank you

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe they have changed it to detect mobiles browsing the site.

Tesco direct for example will keep loading the mobile site even if you type in the normal site's address.

I installed atomic browser, and now I can browse it fine. It has a setting to make sites think it's being viewed by explorer 8, firefox, etc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Atomic Browser is probably your best bet, as MadDragon suggested.

You can also try going into Settings >> Safari and clearing your catch, history, and cookies and see if that helps. Probably not, but it's worth a quick try.

Most reactions

Latest posts