What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problem on iPad

thomashopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While using Safari the content of the page 'grayed' out and I cannot interact with the site by touching the screen. This happened while using an interactive site. Please help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this just happen with this one site or with all sites? If you're seeing a chequerboard grey pattern, it's because Safari is still downloading the page. Other reasons are that the page cannot be displayed by Safari - usually because it's too big (you'll usually see a tiny box with a question mark in it) - perhaps because the page uses a style/format/protocol that Safari doesn't understand - perhaps it's Flash. If it only happens on this one site and not others, then there's nothing you can do about it - other than download another browser from the App Store that might be able to handle it.

If it happens for all sites, then get back to us and we'll try some more possible solutions.

Tim

Reaction score
That sometimes happens. I have not been able to find the reason, for why Safari grays out the website, but it looks, as if the website is pushed deeper into the iPad and has nothing to do with the unfinished checkerboard pattern. It simply blocks all website interaction.

Usually restarting Safari is the only way around:
-Enter the Multitaskbar, by pressing the home button twice
-keep pressing onto the safari icon, until it starts wiggling
-press the red circle
-start safari again

When you open the same website, should it load and function normally again.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This happens to me with atomic browser on my iPhone 3g. Won't let me reply or tap in the QR boxes at all which are grayed out. Not sure why.
Ohhhhhs welllll...that's what the ipf app is for...

henry51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are my my bright star. I did exactly what you said and my Safari is back to normal. Thank you so very much.

aussie87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big thanks

That sometimes happens. I have not been able to find the reason, for why Safari grays out the website, but it looks, as if the website is pushed deeper into the iPad and has nothing to do with the unfinished checkerboard pattern. It simply blocks all website interaction.

Usually restarting Safari is the only way around:
-Enter the Multitaskbar, by pressing the home button twice
-keep pressing onto the safari icon, until it starts wiggling
-press the red circle
-start safari again

When you open the same website, should it load and function normally again.

my wife says to say a BIG thanks....she had the same problem and your steps fixed it

Most reactions