What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Alert: Apple iPad Pre-Orders starting February 25th!

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHH!

I want my iPad!

Do you think they read the forum, maybe if we chant. . .or RANT:)

iPad-iPad-iPad-iPad-iPad-iPad-iPad-iPad

Anything happening yet???:)

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:p:pI think whoever from AppleAdvice who started the rumor is
having a good laugh at all of us. Every one picked this tidbit up on the internet. I have read there will not be any preorder. Has anyone read any other so called rumors today?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No matter which one it was, until it gets FCC approval, it won't go on sale. Pre-sale or in the flesh... I don't believe that' s happened yet.

Jimbobboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been a month, whats the word on the Ipad, is the unit out for order or what.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been a month, whats the word on the Ipad, is the unit out for order or what.

The short answer is "no".

I' sure that the e-mails will go out from Apple as soon as it is (to those who request them via the Apple web site).

Steve did say, at the announcement, that the WiFi version would be available in 60 days and the 3G version in 90 days. That puts the WiFi version on sale roughly in the last week of March. Personally, I'm betting on Friday, 3/26. (This is in the U.S. mind you...)

Pre-orders can NOT begin until the device receives FCC approval. Once that happens, Apple may start taking pre-orders. This will depend somewhat on how the supply looks and whether they would be able to both fulfill the pre-orders and supply their retail stores. They have stated that the iPad will also be sold at partners like Best Buy, but it hasn't been clarified as to whether they would be available on launch day through that channel.

Some reports show dummy SKUs in the Best Buy system that are probably iPads and according to rumor, they are flagged with a 3/15 date. That may or may not mean anything. 3/15 is a Monday, which seems like an odd day for product availability.

I'm most interested on when Apple is going to let the cat out of the bag and reveal the unannounced features. We know there are things that weren't shown at the announcement and that are not detailed on the current web pages dedicated to it. What those are remains largely a mystery... Will there be a camera? What about the missing stock, weather, calendar, etc... Possible enhancements to the home screen, etc. All we can do is wait, wonder and guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts