What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RSS Reader with Push.

JohnRM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of RSS readers out there, but I haven't seen any that will push new posts to my iPad. Does anyone know if such a creature exists, or being worked on?

TIA

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, John:

I don't know of any RSS reader that'll push you new posts.

However, may I recommend the app "Boxcar," which is an app designed to push you notifications (email, text, Facebook, Twitter, etc). You have to set it up, but one of the things you can set Boxcar up to do is push you a notification that a particular RSS feed has been updated. You'll probably still have to go to that web site, but at least you'll know there's updates.

I don't use Boxcar for RSS feeds (I follow too many), but it works brilliantly for email, text messages and Facebook notices for me. There are a lot of things you can set Boxcar up for within the app - you'll just have to set them up.

The app is, I believe, $2.99 USD in the app store, plus there is a one-time $.99 in-app purchase to get rid of advertisements. Seems a bit pricey, but I feel the benefits are worth it. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

IPadCFO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called "Early Edition" and I believe it will automatically "fetch". I am not sure if that is what you are looking for but I believe it is.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Pulse. It does not push but updates the second you launch it. You can customize 5 pages worth. Even Facebook updates.

OP
J

JohnRM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll give them a look and see if any come close to what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!!!

fwdcode

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.feedrunnerapp.com
Feedrunner with Push for iPad and iPhone!

There are a lot of RSS Apps but only one of our kind that can be used for iPad and iPhone. My company has just released a stunning new RSS reader for the iPhone that synchronizes with Google Reader and pushes badge/sound notifications when new articles arrive! Our application is in 5 different languages ( English, Japanese, Spanish, German, and French). The User Interface is the best out with 10 different theme colors to chose from. We plan to add additional features AND continue to maintain a reliable notification server.

Check us out on the App Store under Feedrunner with Push

Thanks for your interest!

DDuce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fwdcode said:
There are a lot of RSS Apps but only one of our kind that can be used for iPad and iPhone. My company has just released a stunning new RSS reader for the iPhone that synchronizes with Google Reader and pushes badge/sound notifications when new articles arrive! Our application is in 5 different languages ( English, Japanese, Spanish, German, and French). The User Interface is the best out with 10 different theme colors to chose from. We plan to add additional features AND continue to maintain a reliable notification server.

Check us out on the App Store under Feedrunner with Push

Thanks for your interest!

Why isn't it universal then? Can't be bothered to buy the same app twice... The concept's fine though, looks alright.

DDuce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the code fwd! Did I notice correctly that the iPad version has been removed from the appstore?

Nikoni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Push 4.0 is good app for that purpose.

It pushes everything from RSS feeds to Facebook updates. Twitter also. Very fast.

Most reactions

Latest posts