What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring older OS versions, but no back up :-/

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a while since I used my iPad to any great degree and since I bought it in 2010, I've had a few PC changes, poor internet connections and not even bothered loading iTunes onto PCs, until today.

Like many, I'm sick of the RAM crashes when browsing, something that didn't happen when the device was new and running iOS 3.2.something. iOS 4.whatever made the battery run out faster than customers at a VW dealers and iOS 5.1.1 has made it virtually unusable.

So, what I'd like to know is (now that time since these iOS upgrades has passed and fixes might have been found), can I restore to iOS 3.2.? even though I've not got a backup of it in the cloud or on a PC? Does a downloadable "clean" backup of that iOS exist for me to force a restore onto the iPAD?

The iPAD is jailbroken (can't say that was worth doing) if that's any help.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that you can't restore your iPad to any iOS version but iOS 5.1.1. There's no way to force an older version of iOS onto your iPad. A fresh restore of iOS 5.1.1 may help but the biggest problem with an iPad 1 is the lack of RAM and the slow, by modern standards, processor.

Most reactions

Latest posts