What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring my iPad

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to restore my iPad to factory settings as it's really slow and cumbersome. I don't want to lose my apps.

What's the process? If I connect to my computer will it back everything up, then I do the reset and plug it in again to get the apps back onto my iPad? I just need to know if this is correct so I keep all of my apps. Thanks.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to restore my iPad to factory settings as it's really slow and cumbersome. I don't want to lose my apps.

What's the process? If I connect to my computer will it back everything up, then I do the reset and plug it in again to get the apps back onto my iPad? I just need to know if this is correct so I keep all of my apps. Thanks.

In a nutshell yes you can backup then restore your iPad and have it contain everything that was on it before the restore (minus the crud that was slowing it down). If you encrypt your backup, it will also include passwords and other sensitive data, so restoring an encrypted backup would result in not having to reenter passwords on apps that require them.

Just follow the links that J. A. provided as they will tell guide you through the process.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts