What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve/External Battery for iPad

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any recommendations?

Two that I know of:-

ZaggSparq - $100 but closer to $150 by the time it is shipped to Australia. 6,000 mAh, 2 amps output, the same as the iPad charger. Requires US/AU adaptor, one more thing to forget to take with you.

Energizer XP8000 - Available in Australia for $180. 8,000 mAh but only 1 amp output just enough to keep the iPad going (I think) and maybe slowly recharge it.

I want this mainly so that I can continue to use the iPad when the battery gets low.

Any comments and alternative suggestions welcome.

PS no need to convert USD to AUD at the moment:).

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I eventually purchased the Morphie Powerstation. It is supplying power to my iPad right now and seems to work well.

It's capacity is 3,600 mAh which think is less than a full iPad recharge, which I believe is about 5,000 mAh (based on the quoted 25 Watt Hours and assuming that this is at 5 Volts).

It does fill my need to keep the iPad going until the next recharge when the internal battery gets below 10%. Most importantly it has a maximum output of 2 Amps.

Most reactions