What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Request from a new iPad owner/user

wb3v

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,<BR><BR>Bill in Maryland here with a new iPad.&nbsp; I find the iPad very user friendly, to a point.&nbsp; I am completely unfamiliar with Apple OS and operations,&nbsp; I have learned quite bit in the last week with the new iPad, but I have some unresolved issues. <BR>1.&nbsp; Having been a PC user until now, I am used to seeing a file manager -- so I can see what folders, and files are on the hard drive.&nbsp; I there some method of displays a "file manager" like tool on the iPad, or an app?<BR>2.&nbsp; While on apps, I have downloaded a few I thought would be usefull, but I am finding that the apps I downloaded are rather insular, in that they only function within themselves.&nbsp; For example, my wireless printer is not on the list of "air" capable printers, so I looked for an app that would allow me to use my existing wireless printer, and I selected "Print n Share"&nbsp;.&nbsp; It seems that the app does work with my printer, but only from within that one app.&nbsp; In other words, if I try to print a Word document from another app (while in that other app) I cannot find a path to my printer.&nbsp; I also downloaded Quickoffice HD PRO and opened an iCloud and Dropbox account, but I have not yet found a path to my files.&nbsp; I could use a tutorial on how these clouds boxes and apps are supposed to work together to allow, originating docs, editing docs and printing docs, spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations.&nbsp; <BR>3. I loaded iCloud on my pc and sync'd my Microsoft Outlook mail accounts, calendar, contacts and notes, and that worked fine.&nbsp; I was then able to activate my iCloud account on the iPad and sync mail accounts, to Mail -- Contacts to Contacts,&nbsp; Notes to Notes and calendar to calendar.&nbsp; How do I avoid creating duplicate notes and calendar entries on the iPad when I resync my PC to iCloud?<BR><BR>I am impressed with the "Star Walk" "GPS HD"&nbsp;and "TWC" apps.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have FTP Client Pro but it lacks any insight in how I might store download files to the iPad.&nbsp; Any help there would be appreciated, or recommendation on an FTP app that acts more like FileZilla.&nbsp; Also looking for a good app to edit html and php.<BR><BR>Best Regards,<BR>Bill in Maryland

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Bill - welcome to the forum! :)

I gave up trying to read your rather long introduction - contains HTML coding that makes reading cumbersome and there are no paragraph separations - I'm sure others are likely to have similar feelings - please try some editing & will take a closer look.

There are some great folks here to help and a LOT of useful information - remember that search is your friend! :thumbs:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bill and welcome to the Forum!

I found your intro interesting and easy to read but I'm afraid I cant answer all your questions so sit tight and someone will be along who can answer your question, in the meantime:

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

tamsida

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my new ipad with 32gb. I don't know where to file my sync pictures. Everytime I add another folder my previous download were gone. I try to menimize asking question but it just frustrating using this new device. I already read a lot of this forum and the manual but still can't figure this problem.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my new ipad with 32gb. I don't know where to file my sync pictures. Everytime I add another folder my previous download were gone. I try to menimize asking question but it just frustrating using this new device. I already read a lot of this forum and the manual but still can't figure this problem.

Hello Tamsida - welcome to the forum! :)

I've reviewed your other posts and you have tended to respond in other threads which may not completely relate to your issue/questions, i.e. hijacking another's thread - this is not only confusing to others but will likely not receive the attention you desire - my suggestion (after you've done some searching) is to create a new thread and clearly explain your problem.

NOW, concerning your question briefly, please start a new thread and explain 'how' you are syncing your pictures, esp. if you are performing a manual sync vs. another option - also, are you using a cabled sync or the iCloud? Good luck and please provide more information!

Most reactions