What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rental Movies from Itunes

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I want to make completely certain before I commit. I am going camping over the Memorial Day Weekend and I'd like to watch some movies in our tent on our Ipad (3). If I pay, can I then download the movie to watch while NOT in any wifi range?
The last thing I want is to be counting on some movie and have the device tell me I need a signal to watch anything out in the woods.
Thank You

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I want to make completely certain before I commit. I am going camping over the Memorial Day Weekend and I'd like to watch some movies in our tent on our Ipad (3). If I pay, can I then download the movie to watch while NOT in any wifi range?
The last thing I want is to be counting on some movie and have the device tell me I need a signal to watch anything out in the woods.
Thank You

Rental movies are downloaded just like any movie you purchase and need no Internet connection to watch. Once rented, you have 30 days to start watching the movie and 48 hours to finish watching it after starting playback. At the end of the 30 day or 48 hour period, the movie deletes itself from your iPad.

Last edited:
OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I'm all set to take off and head to the woods, but I checked the movie I've rented and purchased and the only way I can see it is to load the iTunes Store (with wifi connected) and then click "watch movie". How do I view this purchase without being within a wifi range?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I'm all set to take off and head to the woods, but I checked the movie I've rented and purchased and the only way I can see it is to load the iTunes Store (with wifi connected) and then click "watch movie". How do I view this purchase without being within a wifi range?

I don't have the answer, but will bump it up so someone can let you know before you leave

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I've got until Thursday to figure this out, or just read a book while camping. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Are you trying to watch the movie on a different device than the one you downloaded it on.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you downloaded to the same device on which you wish to view it, just go to your Videos icon and click on that and you will see Rental (or something similar!) next to movies. Once you click on that, you will find your download.

OP
K

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the same device as I DL'ed it on. Videos Icon? Is this an app?

Most reactions

Latest posts