What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Received Camera Connection Kit - Short Video Demo Inside.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera card too big but that is ok.

You have a compact flash card???? I assume you have to use the usb adapter with your camera's usb cord?

I have a fugi digital camera. It is several years old but still very functional. I will use the USB adapter. It works great

Older Fuji means xD card and since the card adapter is SD it won't work sadly, but the USB connector should be fine.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is great

You have a compact flash card???? I assume you have to use the usb adapter with your camera's usb cord?

I have a fugi digital camera. It is several years old but still very functional. I will use the USB adapter. It works great

Older Fuji means xD card and since the card adapter is SD it won't work sadly, but the USB connector should be fine.
The USB connector is fantastic.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like the camera connector. It does put the pictures in album saying last pictures imported. My camera card too big but that is ok. It will be no problem for me. I would like to be able to import pictures and name the file. Such as trip to Seattle but see no way to do. Meant to mention if picture needs rotating after importing you can do it. That is pretty nice

Your photos are also sorted by date the photo was taken under EVENTS ( just like iPhoto).
We played with my mother-in-laws today, since we r'cvd our camera kits
yesterday, and are waiting on our 3G. In ALBUMS you have imported,last imported,saved and whatever you may have brought in off iPhoto. In PHOTOS you will have every pic taken in one group.+
I was relieved as we are going out for 30 days, sans computer. Just have to remember where we were on which date.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I notice in directions you can tether USB to I phone to load pics. I don't one anymore so I can't try. I have jitterbug

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great video Kilofox, thanks for sharing with us! I'm going to pick one of these up soon.

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plugged the connectors into the iPhone and get a message telling me that the accessory does not work with the iPhone.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read in directions the connector kit includes 2adapters A camera connector for importing photos and videos from USB camera or iPhone and an SD Card Reader for importing from memory card. So if you tether I phone to USB connector you should be able to import from it just like camera.

ipadgypsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was so helpful - thanks for taking the time to show us! I ordered my camera kit already - though it is still showing waiting to ship. Holding out for 3g - I am so thrilled with everything I see about ipad!

Thanks so much for making a video!

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a question from YouTube asking me if the USB Adapter would work with a USB Card Reader. After reading the message I promptly got out my SanDisk MicroMate Card Reader and plugged it into the USB Camera Connection Kit. At first I thought it was going to work, but a Dialogue Box popped up with the following message. Accessory Unavailable - The attached accessory uses too much power.

Thats a bummer ... people with older DLSRs i.e. Canon 40D that use Compact Flash will have to use a USB Cable.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a question from YouTube asking me if the USB Adapter would work with a USB Card Reader. After reading the message I promptly got out my SanDisk MicroMate Card Reader and plugged it into the USB Camera Connection Kit. At first I thought it was going to work, but a Dialogue Box popped up with the following message. Accessory Unavailable - The attached accessory uses too much power.

Thats a bummer ... people with older DLSRs i.e. Canon 40D that use Compact Flash will have to use a USB Cable.

All cameras I know of have a USB plug tho, so it's no big deal...even the higher end ones can transfer USB...I have been thinking about picking up a Canon 5D Mark II and it uses Compact Flash...so USB would be the only choice. I still think you should be able to preview full images before importing them..or have the option to NOT import them...would be nice after a shoot to just sit down and review them with no wait.

I wonder if an Eye-Fi card would be able to connect to Air Sharing HD....does anyone have one? Does it need a special software or does it just appear as a shared network drive...if so you could review photos without even taking the card out or plugging it in at full res.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some more info:
A few other notes of interest have been collected on the internet. This includes:

- USB headphone/headset will work on the iPad through the connection kit. Skype phone call was tested and "the quality was just terrific" - Tidbits
- USB keyboards can be used - TUAW
- iLounge had some early notes which revealed that the iPad emails pictures out at 2048x1536 resolution rather than the iPhone's 800x600 resolution, but if you copy/paste the images into an email, you can get full resolution images emailed out.
- Once you connect to your Mac, iPhoto brings in full resolution images with EXIF information intact. - iLounge

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score

All cameras I know of have a USB plug tho, so it's no big deal...even the higher end ones can transfer USB...I have been thinking about picking up a Canon 5D Mark II and it uses Compact Flash...so USB would be the only choice. I still think you should be able to preview full images before importing them..or have the option to NOT import them...would be nice after a shoot to just sit down and review them with no wait.

I wonder if an Eye-Fi card would be able to connect to Air Sharing HD....does anyone have one? Does it need a special software or does it just appear as a shared network drive...if so you could review photos without even taking the card out or plugging it in at full res.

Nice camera... I sold my Nikon D90 and am really enjoying the Micro 4/3 format. I am shooting way more pictures with my Oly E-P2 than I did with the Nikon. My decision wasn't based on brand vs brand, but size vs size. Hauling around the D90 with a couple lens wasn't my cup-o-tea. I have a little Crumpler Bad with my E-P2, a Panny 20mm 1.7 pancake lens, a 14-40 mm and extra battery and a few more little odds and ends. I ALWAYS have this kit with me. Wasnt the same story with the DLSR.

However... the 5D is a very very nice camera. I cant remember what TV show did this (might be House), but one episode was shot entirely with the 5D. That tells you what kind of video that camera is taking... let alone pictures.

I too would like to see full screen preview. I think live tethering would be great too!

Last edited:

Most reactions