What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading an interesting thread

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The other day which I liked the poster put a lot of effort into explaining things for the novice like me. At the end there were some options for example the usual like, and one that said gift. It was late at night. I was confused l pressed it. Thinking the author would be credited with a gift from me, that l could choose later. Next day emails arrived copies here. What have l set my self up for place please??

Attachments

• Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 262
OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The other day which I liked the poster put a lot of effort into explaining things for the novice like me. At the end there were some options for example the usual like, and one that said gift. It was late at night. I was confused l pressed it. Thinking the author would be credited with a gift from me, that l could choose later. Next day emails arrived copies here. What have l set my self up for place please??

And the next one
Adjustments.jpg

Please note l have removed my personal details well sincerely hope so.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looks like you inadvertently purchased a subscription (with one month free) from the Tapatalk app. The gift probably refers to a gift to you, rather than the author of the post. I don’t know of any mechanism that would allow you to gift a subscription (or purchase) to another person without going through the App Store.

To cancel the subscription open the App Store, tap on your account icon at the top right, and choose Subscriptions. Select the Tapatalk app there, and Cancel Subscription.

If none of that seem to do the job, go to the Apple.com site, choose the Support menu at the top and follow the appropriate icons. App Store support is free, and they should be able to help you figure out what happened, and cancel as needed.

App Store support is free.

If you feel the placement of the link was misleading, you should send some feedback to Tapatalk. Keep in mind ads in ad supported apps are often hard to distinguish from content, and the developer seldom has complete control over how the ads look.

It does seem like Taptalk should be able to make their own ads obvious, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, a gentle reminder in the form of some feedback might be worth while.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s possible to gift someone a VIP pass in Tapatalk:
E66EE017-5B04-4A44-B562-A0D143AF2842.png

You can also “Report A Problem” and cancel this purchase using the link in the email you’ve posted.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for helping, before l get any more confused is this only a one month, one time thing? After all it only cost me €1 something can l just pay up and be done with it?
Thanks BB

Most reactions

Latest posts