What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-restore to 5.1.1

Caslinovich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! After the installation of Spite 3.0.1 on my new ipad 5.1.1, the ipad stuck at apple logo screen... I've been tried to restore it with redsnow, with the shsh of 5.1.1 and a custoi ipsw but itunes give me the 3194 error...Is possible to restore ios 5.1.1 without updating to 6.0?

Sorry for my bad english :D

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try typing 3194 in the search field above you will get at least 400+ answers to your question. In Google you will get over 56,000,000 answers.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Caslinovich said:
Hi! After the installation of Spite 3.0.1 on my new ipad 5.1.1, the ipad stuck at apple logo screen... I've been tried to restore it with redsnow, with the shsh of 5.1.1 and a custoi ipsw but itunes give me the 3194 error...Is possible to restore ios 5.1.1 without updating to 6.0?

Sorry for my bad english :D

I'm sorry, but the answer is no. Unfortunately you'll have to wait until an iOS 6 jailbreak is released.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are hearing there will be tools to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad that was running it (and had blobs saved) - as long as that iPad has not been upgraded to iOS 6. However, we do not know when those tools will be publicly available.

So, your only options are to (1) wait for the tools to be released so you can re-restore the iPad to iOS 5.1.1 (if you have blobs saved) or (2) upgrade to iOS 6 and use your iPad while you wait for a jail break to come for iOS 6.

Sorry, but that's all you can do, now.

Marilyn

OP
C

Caslinovich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are hearing there will be tools to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad that was running it (and had blobs saved) - as long as that iPad has not been upgraded to iOS 6. However, we do not know when those tools will be publicly available.

So, your only options are to (1) wait for the tools to be released so you can re-restore the iPad to iOS 5.1.1 (if you have blobs saved) or (2) upgrade to iOS 6 and use your iPad while you wait for a jail break to come for iOS 6.

Sorry, but that's all you can do, now.

Marilyn

Thank you for the answers! I think that spite has corrupted the boot files... Is possible to restore the damaged files from ssh??

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really couldn't tell you - mainly because I don't know (heck, I wouldn't even know which files you would need to replace ... even if you could SSH in).

However. Do you have OpenSSH installed? If yes, you might be able to get in to put the iPad into Safe Mode via SSH. Then, if you can get it into Safe Mode, you might be able to remove the tweak (from Cydia) that's causing the issue.

If you can SSH in, try this (with thanks to f4780y who posted these steps):

Here’s how you can enable “Safe Mode†manually on the iPad:

1. Open MobileTerminal on the iPad (If you’re unable to do so proceed with Step#2, else skip to Step#3)

2. SSH to the iPad using WinSCP/PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Linux or Mac)

3. Login using the following default values (provided you haven’t changed them yourself):
UserName: root
PassWord: alpine

4. Once logged in, enter the following command
killall -SEGV SpringBoard

As an alternative (if the above command does not work) try...
touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat

5. Respring the SpringBoard

Couple of caveats. I've not tried this myself. And, even if you get into Safe Mode, I can't tell you if you'll be able to successfully uninstall the tweaks you wish.

Good luck.

Marilyn

e4life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this to get out of the boot loop without restore

I really couldn't tell you - mainly because I don't know (heck, I wouldn't even know which files you would need to replace ... even if you could SSH in).

However. Do you have OpenSSH installed? If yes, you might be able to get in to put the iPad into Safe Mode via SSH. Then, if you can get it into Safe Mode, you might be able to remove the tweak (from Cydia) that's causing the issue.

If you can SSH in, try this (with thanks to f4780y who posted these steps):

Here’s how you can enable “Safe Mode†manually on the iPad:

1. Open MobileTerminal on the iPad (If you’re unable to do so proceed with Step#2, else skip to Step#3)

2. SSH to the iPad using WinSCP/PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Linux or Mac)

3. Login using the following default values (provided you haven’t changed them yourself):
UserName: root
PassWord: alpine

4. Once logged in, enter the following command
killall -SEGV SpringBoard

As an alternative (if the above command does not work) try...
touch /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat

5. Respring the SpringBoard

Couple of caveats. I've not tried this myself. And, even if you get into Safe Mode, I can't tell you if you'll be able to successfully uninstall the tweaks you wish.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Hey just try this site if you want out of the boot loop without restore it worked on my ipad 2 and I'm happy again: [Moderator edit: Removed link to external iDevice-related forum. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Follow the directions exactly not sure if iphones will work with this because the files are from a ipod 4g as the guide explains but it worked on my ipad 2 flawlessly. Also when you download the package I found the last mirror site file gator worked the best for download. ENJOY! I did!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, e4life. However, our rules state that there can be no links to external iDevice-related sites. In addition, the site to which you linked is a site known to support and advocate piracy, something we don't condone here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions