What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Apps (Which Is Better?)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tune in here too, great interface great features. The only one that comes close is Wunder Radio, and that cost's 3 times as much and does nothing more:)

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tunein gets my vote too. I have used many. This app does it all. I have it on my iPad and my iPhone It works well on 3G network

Sent from my iPad using iPF - The only stupid question is the one you don't ask

MAcsure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tunein is great, I've been using it for about 4 days straight, and Ihavent had a one glitch with it. I run it on 3G as well as on wifi and I havent had any buffer problems at all. thumbs up here from me.
Has good features, one I like especially, is you program it to turn on at a certain time to catch a certain program.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO they're two completely different apps for different purposes. At least I use them differently. I use TuneIn mostly to listen to my local stations for traffic/weather and ESPN. I use Pandora to listen to my favorite types of music via the different stations I've created. Definitely get both since they're so inexpensive.

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
IMO they're two completely different apps for different purposes. At least I use them differently. I use TuneIn mostly to listen to my local stations for traffic/weather and ESPN. I use Pandora to listen to my favorite types of music via the different stations I've created. Definitely get both since they're so inexpensive.

Isn't this what Tunein does. Allow you to listen to your favorite types of music.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:

Isn't this what Tunein does. Allow you to listen to your favorite types of music.

TuneIn lets you listen to your favorite types of existing stations, while Pandora lets you create your own based on your favorite artists or genres correct?

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FYI - I ended up choosing TuneIn Pro. I ended up deleting it because it was causing my iPad to freeze up. I choose it because it has the multitasking ability. Is there any other radio app that you would suggest that has the ability to multitask?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
FYI - I ended up choosing TuneIn Pro. I ended up deleting it because it was causing my iPad to freeze up. I choose it because it has the multitasking ability. Is there any other radio app that you would suggest that has the ability to multitask?

Try Spark Radio or iheartradio for iPad. I'm able to multitask with both. In fact I'm listening to heart as I type this.

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:

Tunein radio multitasks well. Sometimes, not very often, it may be necessary to reboot your iPad and relaunch the app. It happens from time to time on the iPad and on my 3GS

Batpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
TuneIn lets you listen to your favorite types of existing stations, while Pandora lets you create your own based on your favorite artists or genres correct?

Cool. I don't think we've got pandora in the UK, I may be wrong

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Batpad said:
Cool. I don't think we've got pandora in the UK, I may be wrong

Why wouldn't you be able to get Pandora in the UK? The app store services every country around the globe. Doesn't it?

Most reactions

Latest posts