What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickly go to bottom of page

Danijoh69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Know ow to get back to the top of a page, but does anyone know a quick way/keystroke combo to get to he bottom of a page? Thanks in advance!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out the Atomic browser app, which has that feature and a bunch of others.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double-tap the top of the screen (where the clock is). Speedy speedy return to the top of any page

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double-tap the top of the screen (where the clock is). Speedy speedy return to the top of any page ��

OP knows about return to the top (only necessary to tap once; not twice). He's looking for the reverse.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a way (I just had to remember it):

You'll be using JavaScript to a Safari bookmarklet (and, this method only works in Safari, not, say, a note taking app, for instance).

1) Make a bookmark in Safari and title it something like "Scroll to Bottom" (I put my bookmarklets in their own folder on the main bookmark bar).

2) Edit that book mark and put the following in the URL field (copy this and just paste it in ... is easiest). Include the whole line, even that semi-colon at the end:

javascript:scroll(0,document.getElementsByTagName(%22body%22)%5B0%5D.scrollHeight);

That's it. Now, you have a bookmarklet that will jump you to the bottom of a Safari web page. It works on my new iPad running iOS 5.1.

Good luck and holler back if you have questions.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts