What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick voice

cyberdino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all

Quick voice has a limit size to send (5mb).. Do you know how to transfer larger files.

The common procedure through iTunes under the file sharing option in apps tab doesn't show the quick voice application

Thanx

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From what I can see they want to you buy the computer version, with which you can sync.

It only mentions the iPhone app though when talking about syncing, so I'd contact them first and see if it will sync from the iPad before laying down any money; even if the computer app appears to be on sale at the moment.

Since I don't own the app, that's about the limit of what I can recommend. If the developer didn't supply File Sharing or other methods of exporting the files, then there is no easy way to go about it. You might be able to use a computer app like iPhone Explore to find the files, but seriously, if you need to go to that much trouble just find a different app. There are lots of recording apps.

OP
cyberdino

cyberdino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
From what I can see they want to you buy the computer version, with which you can sync.

It only mentions the iPhone app though when talking about syncing, so I'd contact them first and see if it will sync from the iPad before laying down any money; even if the computer app appears to be on sale at the moment.

Since I don't own the app, that's about the limit of what I can recommend. If the developer didn't supply File Sharing or other methods of exporting the files, then there is no easy way to go about it. You might be able to use a computer app like iPhone Explore to find the files, but seriously, if you need to go to that much trouble just find a different app. There are lots of recording apps.

Thanks a lot for you help

Thinker89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just facing the same problem, but appear to have found a solution, not just applicable to this app.

If you use DiskAid/FileApp on device (which I must admit is one of the most useful tools on the iPad, available for free to some tertiary institutions, otherwise available for a reasonable cost), go to Menu Bar > DiskAid > Preferences > Advanced and check all of "show apps which do not have file sharing enabled", "show app root folders" and "show hidden files and folders". Then Quick Voice should appear under the Apps list. If you navigate to the app, your recordings should be located within the Documents folder and you can easily copy them to your computer by dragging to a folder in Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps!

OP
cyberdino

cyberdino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thinker89 said:
I was just facing the same problem, but appear to have found a solution, not just applicable to this app.

If you use DiskAid/FileApp on device (which I must admit is one of the most useful tools on the iPad, available for free to some tertiary institutions, otherwise available for a reasonable cost), go to Menu Bar > DiskAid > Preferences > Advanced and check all of "show apps which do not have file sharing enabled", "show app root folders" and "show hidden files and folders". Then Quick Voice should appear under the Apps list. If you navigate to the app, your recordings should be located within the Documents folder and you can easily copy them to your computer by dragging to a folder in Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps!

Worked like a charm...

NLMIP

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, it does NOT work for me :-(

FileApp Pro v3.0.5 does only has one entry in the Menu Bar > DiskAid > Preferences > Advanced (regarding Memory management). Options like "show apps which do not have file sharing enabled" and "show app root folders" can't be found there.

What can I do now?
I am desperate looking for help!

OP
cyberdino

cyberdino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NLMIP said:
Unfortunately, it does NOT work for me :-(

FileApp Pro v3.0.5 does only has one entry in the Menu Bar > DiskAid > Preferences > Advanced (regarding Memory management). Options like "show apps which do not have file sharing enabled" and "show app root folders" can't be found there.

What can I do now?
I am desperate looking for help!

Have you tried the DiskAid?

NLMIP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, no...

I thought it needs to be done on ine iPad itself, not from a PC (it clearly states "If you use DiskAid/FileApp on device..." ).
Am I wrong here?

OP
cyberdino

cyberdino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NLMIP said:
Hmm, no...

I thought it needs to be done on ine iPad itself, not from a PC (it clearly states "If you use DiskAid/FileApp on device..." ).
Am I wrong here?

No wrong here:) I have done it through DiskAid app for PC. Give it a try

NLMIP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do.

For using DiskAid on my Windows PC, I have to install iTunes first - right?

Because I would like to avoid this iTunes crap on my Windows PC: Does DiskAid work without it?

moon4yavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have an Ipad 3 and a desktop Mac. they are currently connected via USB. I read your post, got excited, paid 6 bucks for FILEAPP, and the Advanced settings only have one measly option, as you must have had a prior version. So, I basically am at a loss for figuring out how to transfer two one-hour QUICKVOICE recordings to my MAC from my IPAD. I can't find anything called DISKAID on my mac or ipad. I don't understand how messing around with my Mac could make files in quickvoice appear. If you could help me I'd appreciate it. It's just so sad that I couldn't have your version of file app, and then it would be 10:00am and I'd be working on research for my PhD. Instead, I'm stuck here with this stupidness.

Hope this helps!

moon4yavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind, figure it out. Thanks

Never mind, figure it out. Thanks

Hi. I have an Ipad 3 and a desktop Mac. they are currently connected via USB. I read your post, got excited, paid 6 bucks for FILEAPP, and the Advanced settings only have one measly option, as you must have had a prior version. So, I basically am at a loss for figuring out how to transfer two one-hour QUICKVOICE recordings to my MAC from my IPAD. I can't find anything called DISKAID on my mac or ipad. I don't understand how messing around with my Mac could make files in quickvoice appear. If you could help me I'd appreciate it. It's just so sad that I couldn't have your version of file app, and then it would be 10:00am and I'd be working on research for my PhD. Instead, I'm stuck here with this stupidness.

holtz12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an interview for a class recorded on the quick voice app and I need to transfer it to a cd... It won't let me email it to do it that way because its over the size limit... How can I transfer it to the cd?

Most reactions