What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about the Ipad Camera Connection Kit

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to Apple and the Ipad and don't own the Camera Connection Kit. From what I've read, the thing is used to transport photos and videos to your Ipad, via a usb cord connected to your digital camera or an SD card inserted into the Camera Connection kit. Excuse my ignorance, but would I also be able to save apps to an SD card using this CCKit or is it just to upload photos and videos to the Ipad? Thanks in advance.

Lusid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly, it is only for importing photo and video content into the iPad. Only photos and videos following the DCIM format, file system, and naming convention will be recognized, and only in the photos app. Even in that app, you can't use them directly from the card, you have to import them into the camera roll. You cannot save content back to the card.

To use it like a normal card reader requires a jailbreak.

OP
af847

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I understand. Thanks Lusid for the answer. I kind of figured from what I was reading about the CCkit, that was probably only one way. Just needed a confirmation. Thanks again.:)

Most reactions